Elias 3.1

Claude stood in front of the throne with Elias in his arms. It seemed like he had no intention of letting the prince down and Elias was too happy to be in his father's arms.

"Thank you for coming to my birthday ball. As the crown prince of Obelia, I hope all of you peacefully enjoy your night!"

Elias innocently greeted the nobles but those who had a sensitive sense and quick mind quickly understood the meaning behind the greeting.

I am the crown prince so peacefully accept it and you will live through the night.

The nobles who understood the message bowed deeper and swallowed their tension. Nobody had told them that the prince was this dangerous!

The ball continued as Claude sat down and placed his son on his lap.

The were dumbfounded when they first saw the emperor carrying the prince and it left them murmuring to themselves when they saw him placed his son so gently on his knee.

"Don't you think the emperor is treasuring the prince?"

"Are you saying the rumor that the emperor actually cares for the defected prince is true?"

"Be careful with your words! If the emperor actually loves his highness then your head will be rolling on the floor!"

"But to think that the emperor would actually crown the prince and not his actual child, the princess..."

"Maybe it was the princess who got thrown away and not the prince..."

This was the effect that Elias desired. Feeling content and accomplished, the crown prince smiled brighter.

Just then a familiar face approached them and lightly bowed.

"The fifteenth prince of Arlanta Kingdom greets the Emperor and Crown Prince of Obelia Empire."

"Prince Nour! I thought you were too busy to come for my birthday!"

Elias slipped down from Claude's lap. Nikolas automatically approached the prince with his cane. Elias thanked his attendant and took the cane to help him approach the prince from Arlanta.

"How do you do, Prince Elias?"

Nour kindly asked as he stole a glimpse from Claude. The emperor had his brows knitted together the moment Elias had slipped off to go to Nour.

Nour winked his left eye and Elias's eyes beamed in delight and his cheeks reddened. When Nour winked his left eye, it meant that Claude was frowning in jealousy. Elias found it cute that Claude would frown now and again whenever he spent time with Nour. The emperor would be jealous but acted like he wasn't and his jealousy would melt whenever Elias wrapped his arms around him and smooched his cheeks.

"Greetings aside, Prince Elias. I have a gift for you."

A servant accompanying Nour stepped forward with a small box in hand. Bowing and stretching their arms, the servant offered the gift.

Elias thanked the prince as he opened his present.

It was an earring. The design was sophisticated and simple but the stone that was imbedded to it had some kind of aura.

Taking a closer look to it, the stone was similar to a pearl but it changed colors gradually.

'How mystical.'

Elias thought as he looked up at Nour for further explanation.

"The pearl is not just any pearl. It is a desert clam pearl. Their pearl helps them be communicate with another clam which makes it is very rare to find one of this since they are warning each other of the danger. I found one on my excursion and since Isis and I already have one, I thought I'd gift this one to you."