Paris

After the events at Nate's birthday party. Maddie had reached out to Carter once more for any answer on her mother's whereabouts.

Luckily for Maddie, Carter had found her whereabouts. Her mother was located in Paris and decided it was best to leave now. The semester had just ended and Lily had left to be with CeCe leaving Rufus in charge of the house.

Maddie didn't mind Rufus but just felt it was best to let him look over Jenny and Eric without having to worry about the stranger in his guest bedroom.

Besides Maddie wanted answers and getting away was the only possible way to get them.

She was currently packing up all her belongings for her journey to find her mother.

"Chuck I don't think this is a good time" Rufus said quite louder than normal. Maddie took it as a warning Chuck was once again coming to talk to her. He had tried to stop by over the last month but Maddie hadn't spoken to him.

"Just a minute Rufus please" Chuck begged. His footsteps grew increasingly louder.

"Maddie?"

Maddie ignored Chuck and continued to pack her stuff.

"I have one finally proposition for you. The Empire State Building tonight 7pm. If you come I promise to put you above everything else and treat you the way you want to be treated. If you don't come I'll have my answer" Chuck said before leaving.

Maddie threw the clothes in her hand on to the bed before breaking down. She loved Chuck but she promised herself she wouldn't fall back into his arms the moment he came running. She wouldn't let him play games with her heart.

"Hey Rufus said you were in here" Nate said before turning to face Maddie. He could see she was clearly upset about something.

"Did chuck send you?" Maddie asked.

"No why was he here?" Nate asked.

"So S and B then. Look I'm fine" Maddie said quickly wiping the tears.

"Maddie you're not okay. We are all just concerned about you. This fight it can't be that important, more important than you and Chuck being together" Nate said sitting down on the bed next to Maddie.

"Do you know what he did to get the hotel back?" Maddie asked Nate. She wasn't sure if Chuck has explained it to them or not. She didn't expect Chuck to tell them at all.

"He just told us money talks" Nate said with a laugh.

"He set me up. Used me to get Jack to trade it back. Agreed to the deal of me sleeping with Jack in exchange for the hotel. Even told Jack what to say to lure me. Chuck knew I would do anything for him but that crossed the line" Maddie explained before throwing more of her clothes in the suitcase.

"Nate you can't tell anyone. Not even Chuck"

"I won't... so uh when do you leave?" Nate asked changing the subject.

"My flights at 6 tomorrow morning. I'm not sure when I'll be back"

"Hey" Nate said grabbing Maddie's hand. "If you need any of us. We are here"

"Thank you"

Nate left leaving Maddie alone to finishing packing.

A few hours later she had finished and couldn't help but feel as though she should go meet with Chuck and see what he had to say.

She looked at the clock on the nightstand to see it was 6:45. If she was lucky she could make it.

Maddie ran to the elevator and outside to hail a cab.