𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟑𝟏

❝𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒈𝒐 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆, 𝒇𝒖𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒖𝒍𝒂𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖.❞ -- 𝑴𝒂𝒖𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝑶𝒃𝒊 𝑾𝒂𝒏 𝑲𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒃𝒊

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

The starship jostled as they shot into hyperspace, causing Astrid's shoulder to brush up against Anakin's shoulder from where he sat beside her in the seats lining the edge of the wall behind the cockpit.

Ahsoka sat in one of the seats across from them on the opposite wall, and she seemed to be avoiding looking anywhere in Astrid and Anakin's direction. In fact, Ahsoka had been quiet since the battle had ended, hardly uttered a word when they'd said their goodbyes to the Lurmen. 

"You're not injured, right, Ahsoka?" Astrid spoke up, and she noticed Rex glance back at them with concern from where he sat in the co-pilot seat. 

Ahsoka looked up at Astrid and muttered, "No, I'm fine. Just tired." 

Astrid pursed her lips and nodded in understanding... and agreement. She was tired, too. She hadn't really been able to sleep that much the past three nights, what with those beasts attacking their camp two nights in a row and then her early start this morning. 

Astrid slumped down a little in her seat and crossed her arms over her chest, hoping she could get a little rest on their way back to Coruscant. It was likely she would have to go back to Kuat after stopping by Coruscant, which meant she wouldn't be sleeping very much there, either. 

Astrid might as well rest now while she could. And, well, with Anakin sitting right beside her, she'd never felt more content, and his arm pressed against hers was making her warm in a sleepy kind of way. 

She closed her eyes and allowed the gentle hum of the ship and Anakin's warmth to lull her to sleep. 

The violent shudder of the ship as it exited hyperspace awoke Astrid, and she discovered her head was resting on Anakin's shoulder. Astrid blinked sleepily before she slowly and tiredly straightened in her seat. 

Astrid felt a pair of eyes on her, and she looked across the way to find Ahsoka watching her thoughtfully. Ahsoka quickly looked away from Astrid as if she'd been caught in a wrong act. 

"Did you sleep well?" Anakin asked quietly from beside her, and Astrid looked at him to find him watching her with an amused, but gentle look on his face. 

Astrid smiled and said, "Yeah. Your shoulder is awfully comfortable." 

Anakin chuckled quietly, and Astrid's smile widened as her heart skipped a beat. "We're entering Coruscant's atmosphere," Master Secura announced from the pilot's seat, and Astrid perked up in her seat. 

She twisted around in her seat to gaze out the window as she always did when she entered Coruscant. The sight of towering skyscrapers and zooming aircraft clogging the skylanes made Astrid's heart race a little faster in excitement. 

She was finally home again. 

Master Secura steered their starship onto one of the designated military skylanes, so their route to the Jedi Temple wasn't as crowded. Because of this, they arrived at the temple relatively quickly. Astrid rose immediately to her feet once their starship magnetized to one of the landing pads and the bay doors opened. 

Astrid followed Ahsoka out of the ship with Anakin right behind her. Astrid expected Ahsoka to wait for Rex and Master Secura to exit the starship, but the Padawan continued forward at a quick pace without looking back.