Chapter 26: Doil

{EDITED & REPUBLISHED}

MONDAY

One month had gone by, and Miyoung was becoming more confident with herself thanks to Taeil and Doyoung's help. Well to them, she was just finally being the bad bitch she had always been. But of course, Miyoung didn't agree with them since she didn't think she was a bad bitch before.

Apart from that, currently, the three found themselves reading their third mission at the dining table.

"For Doil: One month has passed! Can you believe that? because I surely can't.

Your mission just like the other will last two weeks. For this mission, you two will be building a k-pop profile for Miyoung and will figure out what her talent is. (Singing, dancing, rapping, drawing, etc) You have to create a performance highlighting her talents. Take a video and send it to Kangmi by next Friday. You must also send the k-pop profile to Kangmi by next Friday. any questions, contact Xiaoyu.", Taeil read word by word.

"This is going to be fun!" Doyoung exclaimed and looked at his daughter, ready to find out if she could sing.

Miyoung looked back with confusion as she stuffed her mouth with food. Truly she had not been paying attention since she was more focused on her food. "What's going to be fun?"

Doyoung and Taeil looked at her in disbelief before explaining to her what would be going on for the next two weeks and she made sure to listen this time. Although, she did not once stop eating.

"So what do you think are your talents?" Doyoung asked and she thought about it for a second.

"I can cook....and that's about it," Miyoung answered plainly. All she did was read, bake, cook, and give the best advice ever.

"That we already know", Taeil said and motioned to cookies and cupcakes she had baked, "but what about singing or dancing?"

"oh, I don't know" She responded with a shrug.

"Try singing," Doyoung told her and she looked at him with a blank expression. One, she didn't know what to sing, and two she considered herself a bad singer.

Miyoung tried to remember song lyrics or something, but she couldn't as her full focus was on the strawberry cupcakes. "What song?" She asked, hoping that they would give her a song.

"any song", Taeil answered patiently.

Seeing as how she could only remember one song she sang a children's song. "The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round! the wheels on the bus go round and round, all the way.....I forgot~" She sang with a very tender and sweet voice.

Taeil and Donyoung were impressed by her voice and amused by the song choice. However, from the tone of her voice, they could tell that she would probably be able to reach high notes and low notes easily. This was because her voice was very delicate, tender, and sweet, but they could also tell that she had no practice because it was very unsteady.

"well you have a nice voice", Taeil started, "but you're very unsteady"

"and that means?" Miyoung asked, confused since she really didn't know a lot about singing, or music in general. Recently, because of her friends, brothers, and parents, she's been more aware of music but only tends to hear NCT. Honestly, she has come to the conclusion that her favorite singer is probably Donghyuck but she couldn't say that or else her parents would get offended and so would Xiaojun, her brother.

"that you tend to get off-key, and your breathing flow is also unsteady" Doyoung put in simpler words, which she semi-understood.

"ah okay, so...what's the plan?" She asked curiously