> IM ALWAYS GONNA HAVE A

alexa.

i was in the guest bedroom. i had netflix on as a sound in the background, but not really watching it.

my mind was only on the conversation i heard late last night.

"honey!"

i become aware of my surroundings as i hear the voice.

"come here please."

i slowly get up, and walk down the noisy stairs to the bright kitchen and see the couple smiling.

"hey." i exhale, looking between the both of them.

"hi lex." sierra pulls me into a gentle hug, rubbing my back gently. "how are you?"

how was i? the only question i didn't know how to answer.

i don't want to go home, i don't want to go back and have to deal with both of my parents. how the fuck was i supposed to deal with both of them at the same exact time?

"i'm fine." i lie, sending the couple a fake smile.

we talked for a little about our days and how they had been. we talked about the new CDC regulations and how we can't leave the house or go to the store unless it's only one person going.

a lot of concerts had been canceled too, which sucked even more.

i took a big deep breathe, and bit the inside of my cheek. i felt emotional, and i didn't want to be in front of the two . "i'll be upstairs if you need me."

i was spaced out on the guest bedroom desk. my computer in front of me, paused on a video. i had been thinking about my life recently.

the time was four fifty seven, and my mind was racing with anticipation and thoughts.

i had been watching the paused screen on my computer, i had been at the desk since i came upstairs from talking with luke and sierra.

the uninterrupted silence of the clock ticking was suddenly interrupted by a loud slam and a lot of yelling.

i got up quickly, frightened, i put my phone into my sweatpant pocket and walked down the stairs slowly.

third person.

the blonde lady, the woman known as the hemmings mom, sat in the kitchen with a very, very angry expression.

the teenager was scared shitless, she held onto her brothers girlfriends wrist, the sense of protection was comforting for the small seventeen year old.

no one expect liz knew why the mom wanted her daughter back so bad.

if she didn't care enough to protect alexa from her own husband, why does she care if she's home?

meanwhile, the tall hemmings boy was pissed. his anger level was high, and he was also a little bit stressed out by the sight of his mom.

how was he supposed to talk back to the woman that supported him whenever he needed it?

"mom." luke said, his voice slow and stern. "you can't have her back yet."

luke felt bad.

before, he was never an older brother to his youngest sibling, and his other brothers had to fill in for him. truth be told, he was always jealous and petty.

but now, he wanted to protect alexa from every harm that went her way. he wanted to be a good older brother, and alexa sure thought he was becoming one.

"you are a young adult, luke." liz told him, like he didn't know already. "you aren't capable to take care of a seventeen year old, a teenager."

luke thought he was perfectly good at taking care of a teenager.

i mean, he practically raised himself when he was a sixteen year old. what's the difference?

"you have no authority being in my house either." luke mentioned, "plus— you put her in my care. this was your decision."

"i have a lawyer, luke. do not make me take you to court over your sister."

what no one expected to come from this situation, was liz putting her own son in jail.