Chapter 63: Truth be Told

Steven's POV

Steven is sitting on the couch in the living room, deep in contemplation and having several flashbacks.

Flashback - "Back to the Moon"

Eyeball: I watched the leader of the Crystal Gems, Rose Quartz, shatter Pink Diamond!

Flashback - "Jungle Moon"

Back in Steven's dream, Pink Diamond punched the glass in Yellow Diamond's Jungle Moon Base in anger, smashing it.

Flashback - "The Trial"

Blue Zircon: So how did a Rose Quartz, with no business being anywhere near Pink Diamond, get so close in the first place?

Flashback - "Can't Go Back"

Back in Steven's dream again, a silhouette of Pearl held up Rose's Sword behind Pink Diamond and glared at Steven intimidatingly.

Trans. Int. Beach House

Steven gasps in fright from Pearl's glare in his dream, snapping him out of his thoughts, when Y/N, Pearl and Amethyst walk into the house. The Zircons and Lonely Pearl were cleaning around the house and Fable was having a chat with Bismarck.

Amethyst: I can't believe you've had your phone for a month, and you haven't used it at all!

Pearl: That's not true! I use it to tell the time!

Y/N: There are much more functions than that, Pearl. You should try it.

Steven groans in anxiety, as Y/N, Pearl and Amethyst sit by the kitchen counter.

Amethyst: Sigh... Come here, P. Huh, let's change your wallpaper.

Amethyst takes Pearl's cellphone and takes a selfie, setting it as the wallpaper.

Amethys: Looks great. Okay, now texting is in the messages. Just click on this screen icon-

Steven: *panicking* PEARL, CAN I ASK YOU SOM-

Amethyst: Hold on, Stevo. I'm in the middle of a demonstration. Hey, anyway... Then you can type pretty much anything you want.

Steven receives a text from Pearl, reading "Dear Steven, Hello. Love, Pearl".

Amethyst: You should get a case for that thing.

Pearl: I do. *pulls out a suitcase from her gem*

Y/N:.........Pearl......is that supposed to be a joke?

Amethyst: Okay. I have a whole bunch of actual phone cases in my room. Don't go and throw that thing against a rock or anything until I'm back.

Amethyst enter the Temple Gate into her room. With Pearl now alone, Steven approaches her nervously.

Steven: Pearl?

Pearl: What is it, Steven?

Steven:...You remember how Mom shattered Pink Diamond? Well, I was just wondering, if maybe... You shattered Pink Diamond.

Pearl: *shocked* I-

Pearl quickly covers her hands over her mouth involuntarily, dropping her phone onto the floor.

Y/N: Pearl? You alright?

Steven: It's okay. You can tell me.

Pearl struggles to speak, with her hands still covering her mouth, it's as if she was being told to not talk at all.

Steven: Why can't you just talk to me about this!?

Amethyst returns, holding a phone case in her hand, and quickly senses the uneasiness in the room.