Chapter 66: Honor To The End

Your POV

Steven drops a book titled "Dream Wedding" on the the table, in front of Ruby and Sapphire on the couch.

Steven: This is just to give you some ideas. said she wanted your reunion as Garnet to be special. *tears up in joy* And there's nothing more special and romantic, than a beautiful wedding! *wipes his tears*

Ruby: It's like they say: if you wanna drink the cow, you gotta put a ring on it.

Y/N: *cringes* Don't say that again please.

Sapphire: But, sweetums, who says that?

Steven: *flips through the book* Let's take a look at printing styles for your invitations.

Ruby: Would it be cool if we got flames on it?

Sapphire: Oh, and some dolphins!

Ruby: Yeah! Dolphins with flames!

Steven: I think I got exactly what you're looking for on page 135.

Sapphire: How long did it take you to put this together?

Steven: My entire life.

Ruby This is gonna be the best wedding ever!

Timeskip

Later that day, the Crystal Gems, including Peridot, work on the invitations. The others are outside planning on how the wedding ceremony would go and would look like.

Pearl: *folding a piece of paper* This folding bone is so nice! Who knew that planning a wedding could be so fun? *hands the folded paper to Steven*

Steven: I did!

Steven stamps ink on the card that reads "You're invited" and displays Ruby and Sapphire holding hands. He then passes the paper to Ruby and Sapphire.

Ruby: Time to sign! *signs her initial with Sapphire on the card* Here you go, Peri. *passes the card*

Peridot: *groans* We've been stuffing these envelopes ALL DAY! *puts the card in the envelope and hands it to Amethyst* How many does that make? *plants her face into the couch*

Amethyst: *licks and seals the envelope* That makes TEN! *stacks the envelope on the stack with others*

Sapphire: Oh... just... ten. Hmm.

Me and Steven quickly notices Sapphire's concerns.

Change Scene; Crystal Temple

On the beach, a wedding altar and chairs are set up on the sand. Amethyst walks by with a chair and tosses it on the sand, and Pearl rushes over and fixes it. Bismarck was with Lion and Tyson, Fable and Lonely Pearl are setting down the carpet and Yellow and Blue Zircons are counting the chairs to see if it's the right amount. Ruby and Sapphire stand together with Steven at the altar as he reads a script.

Steven: So, my Dad will finish playing the music, and then next you'll do the "I do"s. And then I'll say... "I now pronounce you Garnet." Aaand then you fuse! Everyone'll cheer!

Sapphire: Everyone... who survived.

Ruby: Huh?

Sapphire: Oh, it's just- There's so many old friends who won't be able to come. All the Crystal Gems who were corrupted and bubbled in the basement.

Ruby: Maybe we could bring the bubbles up here?

Sapphire: No, no. It's not safe. We can't risk them getting out.

Ruby and Sapphire hug each other in somber, as Steven looks down in grief too and look at Sapphire with pity.

Change Scene; Beach House