xlix. death's door

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬
❝ 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉'𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

VERA'S FEÄ SEEMED TO ONLY GROW worst as more time passes

VERA'S FEÄ SEEMED TO ONLY GROW worst as more time passes. The raging conflict inside of her arose to form an even deeper and roaring fire of hatred and anger, swirling around the brightness of her feä and threatening to consume her entire being entirely. With the presence of Grima Wormtongue and King Thèoden, as well as the evilness of Meduseld, Vera's feä was entirely vulnerable and at the brink of being lost as more time passes within such darkness. Her spirit, however powerful it was, is weakening with the time passing as Thèoden remains immobile and anything but kingly. Despite the threat of darkness consuming her entire spirit without a second thought, Vera's bright feä fought against the urges, which is what lead to Vera appearing so strong.

Saruman's magic and dark spell cast on Thèoden King is too powerful, some would even say compelling and influential. Judging by the darkness and the sorrow that comes from his power and reaches Edoras even from his distance, Vera could only agree to the statement. His powers reach beyond Thèoden but she could see why he decides to poison the King's mind first for the King is the direct stem leading to his people and his realm. For a once resilient realm, Edoras seemed to tumble into the pits with the ruin of their King, only fueled by the fire of a snake slithering words into Thèoden's ears.

If Vera's feä could feel such darkness and be threatened by it, then she couldn't imagine how these people could be living. To constantly have a shadow creeping around your home, to constantly have a darkness poisoning your mind and spirit, is something that Vera strongly went against. Granted, her spirit and her mind was something that could not strongly be corrupted for her barriers and protection goes beyond those of the ordinary — she was, after all, trained by her people and she was her mother's daughter — but compared to the elven race, who have become accustomed to such evil in their world, Vera is rendered just as vulnerable to the attacks of darkness by her lesser experienced kin.

Nevertheless, Vera stands alongside Legolas and Corin with her head held high and her crown placed gently on her brunette locks with the golden tips of it glinting off the light before she was consumed by the darkened room. Her back is as straight as a pin, straining against her exhaustion, while her hands remain in front of her folded neatly and placed gently on her dress. Her hair had been messed by the winds of Rohan and tiny hairs frame her face but she remains just as regal as before. Completely placid, Vera stares right ahead of her, eyeing Grima Wormtongue and Thèoden King while attempting to hold off the grimace on her expression and the unnecessary words threatening to be released.