CHAPTER 5

I spun around when I heard a low cough. It was a man, he looked in his mid-fifties, he had blonde hair like mine and piercing hazel eyes. He was a carbon copy, exact image of..........

'dad' I mouthed shocked.

'Hazel, he murmured staring at me shocked. We both stared at each other, naturally for a girl who hasn't seen her dad in 16 years, she'll run into his arms but now I felt like running but not to him, away from him but my feet just stuck to the ground. He stepped forward and I stepped back, he looked confused.

'Hazel?'

'don't Hazel me, after so many years did you ever come to see me, you never, all I heard was dad's a good man but you left me in that hell of a home to rot with those good for nothing people' I yelled as tears ran down my face,' for years I wandered what it felt like to actually have parents, I've been scarred, hurt, afraid and defeated, you've been in here enjoying life while your daughter was out there suffering, did even bother to look for me or ask about me or even call, you're very good but I can't stay here, I'm leaving.'

I grabbed my bag and started for the door but he held me back.' Hazel I can explain'

'save it' I whispered before running out, as I ran I bumped into Simon who seemed surprised. He mouthed a Hazel before I continued my flight. The last I heard was my dad shouting before I opened the door and fled into the cold night.

SIMON'S P.O.V.

I was in the game room with my brothers when I saw Hazel come in via the intercom. She looked strangely familiar, like someone I've known for years but never met and I was going to find out probably by asking questions about her life.

'dude that girl from school is here' Percy the eldest of the triplets said and the others turned to look.

'hazel?'

'like you don't know' miles the second eldest of the triplets snickered, I'm the youngest triplet. I stood up just as Alan walked in.

'Simon, there's the girl waiting for you'

'she looks oddly familiar' I whispered to him and he laughed.

'maybe you've dated her'

I blushed hard 'I have not'

'nice try bro' he said patting my back and pushing me out. As I walked down the stairs I heard someone yelling so I walked faster. I was about to reach the door when it burst open and Hazel ran out with tears on her face. She ran into me and all I could say was her name before she ran off, dad came out next shouting for her to wait, he was crying, I just stood there confused.

'who is she? I asked after a moment of silence. He kept silent until I shook him violently.

'hazel, she's your sister' I let go of him, because I was shocked. I had no sister, if she was why wasn't she living either us, I had so many questions.

'call the others, we need to get her find her' dad said urgently. I quickly called my brother who ran down the stairs quickly.

'what's so urgent?' Percy asked annoyed.

'hazel we need to find her' they all looked at me confused. 'so? How does that have to do with us?' dale asked still tossing the game pad in his hand.

'long story short she's our sister' everyone started talking at the same time asking for an explanation until dad yelled at us to shut up.

'go in two's, Simon and Percy, dale and miles, Alan and Chadwick, Ivan come with me' with that we dispersed.

Hazel's P.O.V

The cold air sent shivers down my spine, I pulled my hoodie tighter over me to keep warm. Tears filled my eyes as I remembered all that occurred. I just rejected a good, normal life but it's better than living with someone who'd lied to you all your life that he cared.

I noticed a black car following me so I stopped to see who it was and I honestly didn't mind kidnappers. The car pulled up beside me and the front window rolled down, it was a boy he looked like Alan. I could make out some of his features in the darkness from the light of the dim streetlight. Then the back window rolled down. Dad was seating there. I groaned and continued my walk, it was starting to drizzle.

'hazel please, I'll explain come with me' I ignored him and continued to walk, the tears of many years fell down my face, I'd finally broken the vase that held all my tears. I wish he could see that I had no emotions anymore, crying doesn't solve a thing but now I knew it was necessary. The car finally gave up when they saw I wasn't talking. I gave a sigh of relief because I was nearing home now.

The house was dark, no light on. That wasn't good but right now I didn't care. I walked up to the door, once I opened it I met a grinning James. I gulped. He'd covered the windows so I won't see the light. The slap across my face was so sharp that I hit my head on the door frame before collapsing down the stairs also hitting my head on the last step. I cried out in pain as he dragged me back in. he threw a blow that I dodged. He then picked an empty beer bottle to crush my head, I closed my eyes waiting for impact but it never came instead I heard a deep commanding voice.

'don't. you. Dare' it said, I landed on the floor with a thud and the bottle shattered beside me. Faces came in view, I saw dad and the other boy with two police men at the back. The policeman smiled.

'finally James, I thought it'll never happen' James seemed to regain his posture and his fear because he spoke.

'and what I'm I charged with?'. I looked up, I was staring at the world's most stupid idiot; he could get a few years for almost knocking me out with a bottle also known as attempted murder.

The policeman laughed heartily 'you're charged with child abuse, forging of identity, rape, murder of Mr. Montgomery and finally murder of Mrs. Valdez' all the blood left his face but when they mentioned mum he smirked. He's laughing that he killed my mum, all I thought of was revenge, with my last strength I stood up from the floor, curled my fist into a ball and blew him in the jaw. I heard him groan in pain, before I collapsed and everything went black.