🧸ten🧸

She felt the hard stares on her back as she walked down the hall. Her head was hung low as she tried to ignore it, but for some reason today felt different. There was a crowd around her locker and she knew it was something bad.

"Look who finally made it!" A familiar voice exclaimed. It made the hairs on her neck rise as she felt an arm sling around her. "You're quite late to the party. Don't worry, we prepared so much for you!"

She tried to brush his arm off her shoulder but it didn't work. She was pushed to the cement floors. A pair of shoes come into view and she knew she was done for.

Happy birthday began to play as eggs were cracked one by one onto her head. She held her breath, as expired milk and flour were dumped over her. She tried to cover herself as the liquid had turned her white shirt transparent.

"Don't you like it? Everyone's laughing because of you." He asked mockingly. He grabbed her by the hair and forced her to look up to see people laughing and taking a video of her humiliation. "Your brother would be so happy to know that his sister is very popular like him."

Haneul's eyes shot open and she immediately ran into the bathroom. She tripped on the carpet but forced herself to crawl towards the toilet. She painfully began to empty her stomach.

Make it stop.

Her vision starts to blur as tears drop from her tired eyes. She let out choked sobs as the taste of bile made her even more sick.

Make it stop.

The scars on her wrists throbbed as her hands gripped onto the sides of the toilet.

Make it stop.

A warm hand rubbed soothing circles onto her shaking back. "It's okay, let it all out."

Jaemin kneeled down beside her as she vomited everything she had in her. He pulled her hair back, taking the hair tie on her wrist and tied it. He let her finish throwing up before grabbing a towel and wiping her mouth. He flushed the toilet as he threw the towel aside.

"I'll get you a glass of water." He said, getting up. He stopped when he felt her hand weakly grab onto her finger.

"I don't want to be alone." Haneul whimpered, looking up at him with her tearstained face.

"Then you won't be." Jaemin sat beside her and pulled her into a comforting hug. He could feel her frantic heartbeat against his chest and frowned. "I know it may be hard Princess, but can you take deep breaths like how I taught you?"

Haneul took a deep breath, held it in for a couple of seconds, and slowly exhaled. She repeated this sequence until the tightening in her chest went away.

"You did great." Jaemin praised, petting her hair. "Let's go get you rested, okay?

He pulled back from the hug and wiped the tears on her cheeks. He hooked one arm under her knees while the other went to support her back. He carried her bridal style and brought her back into the bedroom where the kids were sleeping.

"I can walk." Haneul mumbled.

"I saw you trip on your way to the toilet. I don't think so." Jaemin chuckled. He placed her on the bed and pulled the blanket over her.

"Jaem?" Haneul called softly. He hummed as he tucked her in. "Thank you."

"Anything to help." He said. He sat on the floor but kept his hand over hers. It worried him how there were more bad days than good days lately. "Go to sleep. I'll join the kids when you fall asleep."

Haneul nodded and closed her eyes. This time, a more pleasant dream filled her sleep.

Little did they know, someone had seen their little moment. Once the sun rose, Mark gathered his brothers in the quiet living room.

"This better be good Mark Lee." Donghyuck yawned. Jisung sat beside the cranky male, his chin resting on the coffee table as he slept.

"Hannie is sick." Mark announced, making everyone wake up. "I saw her vomit and Hyung had to carry her back to bed like what happened to Ji."

"We need to give Noona medicine then!" Renjun gasped. "But Hyung hasn't bought groceries yet so we don't have lemons."

The kids thought for a bit until a lightbulb seemed to turn on above Jeno's head.

🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸

Haneul sat on the bed wondering if the kids had gone out to play already. It was really noisy outside which woke her up. Beside her, Jaemin was passed out asleep. He still had his hand over her own and had his head rested on his extended arm.

"Jaem." She softly called. The boy stirred in his slightly sleep. "He's going to get a backache if he continues to sleep like this."

She poked him a couple of times before deciding to just shake him awake. He groaned, tightening his hold on her hand. After a couple of seconds he finally woke up.

"Hm? Renjun do you need potty?" Jaemin mumbled, voice raspy from just waking up. He rubbed his tired eyes and realized it was just him and Haneul in the room. "Morning."

"I thought you were going to join the kids when I fell asleep?" Haneul asked.

"I wanted to make sure you were deep asleep and ended up falling asleep." Jaemin answered. He got up and stretched. "You should rest for today. I'll handle the chores and kids."

Before Haneul can protest, the door slammed open. The kids came in one at a time with something in their hands.

"Noona medicine!" Jisung and Chenle presented the cup of what she guessed to be honey lemon tea.

"She needs to eat first before taking medicine." Mark and Donghyuck brought the plate of toast to the bed. Jaemin took it and handed it to Haneul.

"How did you guys get lemons?" Jaemin questioned.

"Jeno lifted Mark over the fence in the empty lot to get a lemon." Chenle proudly said.

"What?!"

"Noona I'll let you hold Miri until you get better." Jeno said, placing his favorite stuffed cat beside Haneul.

Renjun put the piece of paper he held on her lap and grinned. "Until then, I hope my drawing helps Noona feel better."

"What would I do without my boys?"

Although today was a bad day, the kids and Jaemin had made it brighter.

A/N

Soft hours?

Soft hours.