A Fatal Yet Beautiful Mistake

Allegra nervously drummed her fingers on her thighs as Mr. Dupain offered her a croissant. 

She declined politely. The blonde loved the Dupain-Cheng patisserie's baked goods, but she didn't have much of an appetite at the moment.

Felicity was in Marinette's house. 

They had agreed. After all, it might help Marinette. But maybe Felicity or one of the Quantics would slip up and uncover Operation Exposed. That would be really, really, really-

"Allegra, who's that?"

Marinette pointed out the kitchen to Felicity, who was staring at both of them. "She seems kinda sus."

"Oh! We got kinda worried if you were stressed about the deal around Lila! What you went through must have been horrible! So we... set up a psychologist for you?" 

"Huh. And that's the psychologist?" Marinette raised a brow, but she seemed to have believed Allegra, making the light-haired girl sigh in relief. "Also, why did that sound like a question?"

"Yep! That's her!" Allegra tried to ignore Marinette's last statement... and the bead of sweat on the nape of her neck.

"Oh." Marinette had a slightly shocked look on her face, and confusion settled in the creases of her face. She didn't know what to think of it...

Mr. Dupain walked in with a calm Felicity, the man also a bit astonished. "Uh. Miss Rhys here said she was looking for you, Allegra."

"Mhmm! I gotta talk to her for a sec!" Allegra grabbed Felicity's hand and dragged her to the back of the kitchen.

"Okay, priorities! No exposing our operation, no hinting anything close about it, and no talking how Lila has other victims."

Felicity rolled her eyes. "Relax, I'm the professional therapist here. Now you just sit back and learn, kid."

Allegra made a sour face at being called "kid ".

Allegra led Felicity back to Marinette. Felicity smiled warmly at Marinette and Allegra was a bit shocked at how fast the older woman could shift her aura.

"Hello. I'm Felicity Rhys, and you must be Marinette." The brunette smiled warmly, and her voice was smooth like chocolate Nutella.

"Yeah." Marinette bit her lip.

Felicity didn't seem to notice Marinette's reluctance. Or maybe she pretended not to. "Why don't I talk to you somewhere you feel comfortable? What about your room?"

"Sure." Marinette glanced at Allegra before leading Felicity upstairs.

Allegra felt incredibly guilty, but this was the only way. Besides, if Marinette was struggling with... panic attacks, anxiety, or depression, Felicity Rhys was probably the only person that could help her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Your room is pink," Felicity said as she sat next to Marinette on the girl's chaise. "Very pink..."

"It is," the girl replied awkwardly, still slightly uncomfortable with the situation.

"You know, my favorite color was pink at your age." Felicity began, trying to get the girl to open up. Marinette didn't seem very shy right now, just a bit upset and hesitant.

"Really?"

"Yeah. And then it changed to red."

"Why?"

"Because I realized that pink is nice. Pink is the color of peaches, a delicious fruit, of dawn, when the sun rises, and of innocent love." Felicity looked up wistfully. "I had a crush back then."