Chapter Twenty

Chapter twenty

Srishti glared hard at Sahil as she pushed him away rudely though not harshly because she had to take care of herself as well. Sahil stumbled back and glanced at her with his steely eyes.

"How dare you Mr. Malhotra! Do you think all of this is a joke? Does the world revolve only around you? You think it works according to your commands and wishes?" She lashed out angrily, her eyes held the fury as she eyed him with hatred.

"Get this thing in your twisted mind, Mr. Malhotra, people do have feelings, they have their own wishes and they won't work according to your wishes. I refuse to marry you now and every time you ask me." She took a deep breath in the end as she announced her decision.

"Enough. If I don't say anything doesn't mean I'll go on listening to your rambles. Neither do I hold any interest in you romantically nor do I intend to fulfill any marriage duties if we get married. I asked you to marry me only for the sake of my child and his/her future. I wouldn't want him to grow up and be deprived of ─" He stopped abruptly realising what he was saying and giving a quick glance to her, dashed out of there.

Srishti stood there perplexed at his sudden exit. She couldn't fathom what was going on his mind and why was he suddenly so keen on marrying her when he did not believe in relationships and marriage.

But she realised one thing which she had predicted even earlier that he was going to be a great father. He was already worried for the unborn child and although he didn't show it openly, it was reflected in his actions.

Exhausted she sat on the bed and found her eyes drooping involuntarily, so she laid down and dozed off, shutting everything else out.

────────

Sahil marched inside his study and closed his eyes shut to compose himself. He couldn't believe he was going to say something infront of Srishti that he's never shared with anyone except Aditya.

He knew that the way he put forth his proposal to marry her, was too abrupt and shocking for her and that her mood swings added up to her anger unleashing but it was the only way he knew to say what he wanted. All that sweet words and cajoling was never his cup of tea.

He had come up with this decision to marry her after his conversation with Aditya last night. After thinking hard and long he realised he couldn't be that cruel to his unborn child. His child had every right to get both the parents love and he was sure after the baby's exposure to the world, people were going to talk nonsense and all sorts of infuriating things.

Handling the media would be a problem because he couldn't keep his child in dark for forever. He/She would have to face the world one day or the other.

Taking out his phone he called Rohit immediately.

"Rohit, I need you to do one work right now. Terminate the contract between Srishti and I. I want it gone, no trace of it." He ordered without a second thought and Rohit could only blink his eyes, dumbfounded.

"But sir you need to inform the other party about this termination and give a termination clause. What clause should I mention?" Rohit asked without asking any whys.

"I'll inform her about it and the clause; I'm marrying her which totally makes the contract void as she won't be able to leave." Sahil informed and Rohit agreed before hanging up.