deception

"Let me guess," Fitz deadpanned when Biana knocked on his door the next day, looking a lot more excited than a younger sister should ever look. "You found me a 'date.'" 

"Um... I haven't really asked the girl in mind to go," Biana admitted- Fitz did a face-palm -"But!" she added. "I found a place and a time and all that."

"So.. basically right now you scheduled me a dinner with myself," Fitz pointed out, groaning in exasperation when Biana nodded cheerfully.

"Yup! Now listen closely, I'm only telling you this once. It's at a place called Gorgodon's Haven-"

"Gorgodons Haven?" Fitz asked incredulously. "Who would want to eat there?"

"Lots of people, it's five star," Biana informed him, and then continued; "Six o'clock, Friday night. Just you two. Alone."

"Okay.. but you better ask a girl to come there quick or it's going to seem pretty lame," Fitz admitted, still not sure why he was letting Biana do this for him.

"You got it," Biana said happily, with an un reassuring grin.

__________

"Sophie, wait up!"

"Keefe, hold on a sec, Biana's yelling at me..." Sophie leaned over and kissed him, pulling her hand away as she hurried over to Biana and asked, "What's up, B?"

"Hm- I like the nickname you've dubbed me with," Biana noted.  "Can you meet me at Gorgodon's Haven, six a'clock, Friday night? I might be a few minutes late."

"Sure- just you and I? A girls' night? I'm meeting with Keefe the following night so..."

Was Sophie the only one who noticed Biana flinch at the sound of Keefe's name? Sophie shook her head, thinking she was imagining things.

"Thanks B," she added, grinning, before racing back to where Keefe was waiting for her along the moonlit path.

A/N OMG CAN YOU GUYS GUESS WHAT BIANA IS PLANNING THIS IS SO EVIL....

________

Sophie waited. And waited. And waited for Biana to come.

She'd gotten there a few minutes early, taken the seat that Biana had told her to sit at through her Imparter... but maybe she was just putting on a million layers of makeup. Sophie rolled her eyes- that was completely believable.

Finally, right when she was about to get up to leap to Everglen, a Vacker walked through the door- but not Biana.

Fitz.

And he looked so handsome- his hair was perfectly styled and his tux was cleaner that Sophie had ever seen anyone wear. When his eyes fell on her, he gasped and looked around like he was looking for something- or someone.

"Hey Fitz!" Sophie called. "Is Biana here?"

"What do you mean Biana?" Fitz asked quizzically.  "Biana told me she was setting up a... Er..." he trailed off, not bothering to finish as he took the seat across from her.

For a while they just talked.  And it felt nice to fall into the same friendly rhythm that she was so used to, the awkwardness shattering like broken glass and...

The next thing she new, Fitz was leaning closer and closer.. she could feel his breath on her cheek... she was dating Keefe, she loved him, what the heck was she doing... but she couldn't stop herself... the old flutters were back.. but Keefe....

Their lips were a centimeter apart before somebody screamed.

Standing at the door, was Keefe.

If this is confusing, basically Biana was trying to set the three of them up so that Keefe would see Fitz and Sophie talking and flirting and then she's hoping that Sokeefe will break up and it'll be Fitzphie all over again...

Mwah ha ha I'm so evil (or Biana is, not me!)

🤣