[ Chapter 22 - A Threat ]

Pain greeted me the next day 

I could barely sit that morning. I felt a seething pain on my lower body but I tried my best to walk towards the bathroom without waking Ace up. I took a warm bath in the tub to lessen my agony. 

A few moments later Ace entered the bathroom, he was wearing his boxers. He looked drowsy and he still had bed hair making him look innocent as if last night had not happened. 

"Are you alright?" he asked me after rubbing his eyes and I gave him a short nod. He frowned at me, "I doubt it." 

"I got Tylenol if you really can't handle it, but the pain is normal especially if..." and he trailed off. 

We both knew he was going to say 'the first time around' but even he felt awkward saying it out loud. It really was my first time, I have gone on a few dates before but I never really had a long term relationship at all. He was my first but I was betting I was not his. 

"Is it yours?" I asked looking down, it was a little embarrassing to ask. 

I was prepared to hear that it was not. He was a well-known guy from Beta, he was handsome and I knew he dated quite a lot of people back then. 

"It was," he sat on the bathroom sofa which was next to my tub. 

My eyes widened at his answer and I looked him in the eyes, searching for a clue that he was lying but his face spelled sincerity. 

"You were not my first kiss though," he laughed.

He was not mine either anyway. 

"Then why are you so g-" I stopped midway when I realized what I was about to ask. 

He grinned at me, "Good?" 

"Maybe I was built for it," he shrugged and I sighed in desperation. 

Cocky dude.  

We canceled our plans for the second day. We stayed cooped up in the penthouse since I was in no condition to walk at all. We ordered pizza since we were tired of the food from the hotel. 

We were both in the living room and Spongbob was playing on the television when I started to ask him about our plan for Edward. 

"The best plan I could come up with is to find the picture at school," he sighed and sat beside me on the sofa. I could hear Spongebob's laughter in the background. 

"I agree," I said and took a bite of my pizza. 

"Just make sure not to do anything reckless alright?" he warned and I gave him a confused look.