Chapter 4: Childhood trio

I received a letter from someone I haven't seen for more than a year. The letter came on a windy day where the sun wasn't shining and the skies were grey. I was sitting in front of my desk when a maid handed me the letter.

"Everyone please leave." I ordered and waited until no one was in the room except me.

Peeling away the wax seal used to seal the letter, I opened the letter and began reading. Reading all the contents inside the letter, a smile made my way onto my lips. Placing the letter down on the table, I got up and left for the place I was asked to go in the letter.

"Where are we heading to today Lady Lilyana?" the coachman asked as I walked into the carriage.

Looking out the window, I replied, "To Duke Claudius's Household."

The coachman nodded and closed the carriage door, I felt the carriage starting to move. I crossed my right leg over my left and watched as the trees slowly went by.

"It's been a long time, Blaive."

After a long time, the carriage came to a halt and the coachman opened the door, "Milady, we are here."

I nod, taking hold of his hand as I got down the carriage, "Thank you." I smiled warmly at the coachman before walking pass the gates of Duke Claudius's household.

"Lady Lilyana, Sir Blaive has been waiting for you." the butler of the house greeted me.

I smiled and nodded, I followed the butler through the hallways until we reached our destination. The butler knocked on the door before opening it.

"Lady Lilyana has arrived." he said before leaving.

The doors closed behind me as I stood there with a smile. There, a figure standing in front of me. The windows opened widely as wind blew inside, making the figure's black hair dance gracefully. His honey coloured eyes staring straight at me in silence.

"It's been a while Blaive." I smiled, brushing strands of my hair away from my face.

"How was your trip to another country?" I asked not moving an inch from where I was standing.

He didn't speak, only watching my every movement. I sighed. "You're always like this."

I walked over to where he was, stopping a few feet away. Hand on my hips, I shook my head, "Are you not going to say anything to me? Your friend?"

"...I'm back.." he mumbled quietly.

I smiled and nodded, patting his shoulder, "Welcome back Blaive."

"Did you get anything for me?" I asked curiously.

He turned his back to me before a square box was handed to me. I stared at the box before accepting it. "Is this for me?"

He nodded and signalled me to open it. Following his request, I took the cover off and my eyes lit up in surprise. "Chocolate! Is it the famous chocolate only over there has!?"

He nodded once again. I squealed in delight before popping one into my mouth. I hummed in delight as the chocolate flavour spread through my mouth.

"Thank you Blaive!!"

"You only act like this in front of Blaive," I heard a voice behind me.

I turned to the back and nodded, "Took you long enough to come,"

"Phillip."

"Sorry sorry, had to finish off some things before coming over." Phillip said before walking over to Blaive, draping his arm over his shoulders.

"Hey Blaive long time no see!" he grinned.

"Yeah."

"Still a man of few words even after a year." Phillip chuckled.

"Do I get anything from you as well?" Phillip asked, pointing at himself.

I shook my head, popping another chocolate into my mouth. "Bet all you will get is a shell from the beach."

Blaive stuffed his hand into his pocket, rustling it around before taking something out, "I got you this."

He handed Phillip a bear key chain. Phillip blinked and stared at the key chain before grinning, "I knew you would get what I wanted!"

"Of course, I have been friends with you for four years."

That's right. Blaive, Phillip and I have been friends since four years ago. It was after Phillip and I got engaged that we met Blaive one fateful day. Ever since then, we three have been childhood friends.

"Anything happened when I wasn't here?" Blaive asked the two of us.

"Not really- Phillip! Don't take my chocolate!" I glared, guarding my chocolate away from him.

"Sharing is caring Lilyana~" he said in a tone which annoyed me more.

"No way am I sharing with you!" I stuck my tongue out.

"..." Blaive continued to watch us bicker as he was already immune to this.

"Did anything happen to you?" Phillip asked once he successfully took some of my chocolate.

He shook his head before he remembered something, "Ah, I'm getting engaged."

Phillip and I nearly choked on the chocolate we were eating, not expecting that at all. Blaive quickly handed us something to drink to prevent us from choking any further.

"What!?" we both shouted.

"Who is it?" Phillip asked.

"Miss Catherine Denys."

"Viscount Denys' daughter...I see." Phillip nodded before turning to me who had gone quiet.

"What's wrong Lilyana? You look pale."

"Huh? Oh no I'm alright." I quickly responded, trying not to sound suspicious.

How could I forget? In the story there was another male lead and that was Blaive. He saved Lucy Pratt, the heroine, when someone's magic went haywire. That was how the two met but Phillip and him were close friends so when Blaive found out Phillip was in love with Lucy, he stepped back, wanting his friend to gain happiness.

But I don't recall Blaive being engaged!? As I got lost in my thoughts, I didn't realise I was making faces. A finger then pressed against between my eyebrows, startling me back to reality.

"How long are you going to make stupid faces?" Phillip spoke, his finger still in between my eyebrows.

I clicked my tongue, pushing his hand away from my face, "I was thinking about something that is all."

"Blaive," I turned my gazed over to him.

"How is she like?" I asked.

I wasn't sure if the story and world was changing. We aren't in the main setting where the story will take place after all.

Blaive kept his mouth shut for awhile before opening them, "...She was lovely.."

"Oh?" I raise my eyebrow. This was new. Blaive rarely shows his emotions but here he was, cheeks flushed red.

"It seems like she truly is lovely if she can make you red." Phillip teased.

Blaive quickly looked away but he was too late as we already saw how red his face was.

"Next time why not introduce her to us. I would like to meet her someday." I chuckled, interested in this girl who already moved Blaive's heart.

He nodded, looking down at his shoes. Feeling bad for teasing him too much, we steered the conversation to something else and continued catching up until the sun was setting.

---

Author's note: The three musketeers ლ(╹◡╹ლ)