14. "Wildcats"

The girls walked past Ej and Nini. "Reckon he's apologising?" Evie asked. "Probably, I hope he sings her the song" She laughs. "What song?" Evie was confused. "Oh, it's nothing, doesn't matter" Aurora replied, shrugging it off. "Have you guys spoken about, you know?" Evie refers to their breakup. "No, not yet" Aurora sighs, biting her lip. "This is your opportunity" Evie nudges her best friend, as she saw Ej walking towards them. "But, everything has been so good.." Aurora trails off. "Go and tell him, it'll get it off your chest" Evie sings. "Honey, it happened a year ago" Aurora replies, looking at ej with a nervous expression. "And you're still not over it" Evie reminds her, pushing her slightly. "Fine, wish me luck" Aurora muttered. "Good luck" Evie replied, making aurora give her a small glare. 

"Ej!" She called jogging after him. "Rory, hi" he smiles sadly. "You okay?" he asked. "as okay as I can be" Aurora shrugged. "Yeah" Ej sighed, in agreement with her. "Listen, I saw you apologising to Nini, and I just wanted to tell you something" she bit her lip, looking down. "Yeah?" Ej thought he knew what was coming. "Remember that time I told you we should go on a break?" she asks, ej rolls his eyes fondly. "Oh how could I forget, my first proper heart break" he sighed. "Sorry, But I wanted to tell you why, I don't think I ever explained it" she finally looked up. "Go on then" he smiled, his tone inviting her confidence. He wasn't going to be annoyed, he loved her, he always had, he couldn't stay annoyed at her, he just wanted to know why. Aurora took a deep breath. 

"I didn't think I was good enough. I thought that you'd tell me that then you'd leave me. I didn't think I deserved you, I thought you were way out of my league. I was stupid, I didn't want my heart to get broken so I.." she stopped, her voice quiet, and she looked down. "So you broke mine" Ej finished for her, quietly, but he lifted her chin up. 

"Aurora, you are good enough, if anything you're too good" he told her, looking into her eyes. Aurora gave a small smile. "I'm sorry, really" she sighed. "Don't worry about it, i'm fine" he smiled. "You sure?" she asks, for clarification. "I'm sure" he smiled, pulling her into a hug. They both weren't over eachother, their hearts were fixed, but they still belonged to the other. 

"Do we have to go to big reds?" Aurora whined when Ricky announced they were going over there. "Come on, we've got nothing else to do" Ricky pointed out. "Don't even think abut reminding me that our drama teacher is going to go and leave us" Aurora sighed, reluctantly standing up and sliding her shoes on. "I wish we could do something about" Ricky sighed, picking up his skateboard. "Maybe we can" Aurora told him, also picking up hers and putting ejs hoodie on, which she kept. "Is that ejs?" Ricky asked. "maybe, Dad were going to big reds!" she called as ricky opened the door. "Changing the subject doesn't make me forget" 

They all gathered in Big reds basement, the whole family they had created. Aurora sat next to ej on the couch when he noticed the hoodie she was wearing. "Is that mine?" he asks. " Maybe" she smirks, folding her arms with an innocent grin. "Looks cute on you" Ej comments. "I know, everything does" she teased, clearly not being serious. "You're right for once Bowen" 

 "What are we all doing here?" Natalie asks. "we all ended up in the same basement after a really bad day, so someone should say something" Ashlyn answers. "Fine, i'll say something." Carlos says, sitting up, "I'm mad at Miss Jenn." Everyone gave him a confused look, specifically Aurora and Gina. "Why? Because shes got a couple skeletons in her closet?" Gina asks. "No, because she's giving up. She was the first teacher to not see me as a punchline, and now shes not even a real teacher?" Carlos sighs. "Define real teacher" Aurora told them, resting her head back on the wall with a sigh. 

"She gave me a shot. And it's been a long time since somebody gave me a shot" Carlos sighs, seb rubbing his knee comfortingly. Aurora get her a sad smile.  "She gave me a voice" Nini adds. "Yeah and now no ones gonna hear it because Miss Jenn screwed up" Koutney says, annoyed. "She brought back my confidence with acting and love for it" Aurora adds to the list.  "And now no ones gonna see it because she's giving up" Ej sighs, Aurora giving him a thankful look.

 "Okay, does anyone here actually care if her past is a little bit sketchy?" Ash asks them all. Everyone sits in some sort of silence before ricky pipes up. "I do" he says, attracting all of their attention, making them all look at him. "What? Because you live some perfect life" Kourtney scoffs. "Not at all" Aurora answers her. "Because she put our show in jeopardy" he tells them all, walking and standing at the front.  "And now we're all here, maybe for the last time, together" he says. Aurora jumps up, going to join her bother with a sad smile. "And for some of us, this has become a..." she trails off. . "A family" Ej finished for her with a smile. "What team?" Ricky asks. "Wildcats" They all chorus, smiling. "Okay wildcats, so what are we going to do?"