23

chapter twenty three — all thanks to you

"woah, this tastes amazing"
jeno said with a wide smile and looked at dahye's parents and the others agreed, adding more food to their playes
"thank you, we're happy you all like it"
her parents replied, walking away to the kitchen to clean up.
"nice, jeno likes dahye's mom's cooking. he'll be a good son in law for her parents"
haechan joked, but also being serious.
dahye choked on her food as she heard that— jeno instantly looked over to her and pat her back also handing her a glass of water.
"thanks jeno"
daye thanked after she could finally breathe again.
"haecan's not wrong though"
eunji shrugged with a smirk.

"bye guys"
dahye waved as all her friends went inside their cars and drove away. but jeno, stayed.
"you aren't going home?"
dahye asked.
"you're asking me to leave? okay then"
jeno started walking away with a pout but dahye held on to his arm, a smile crept up jeno's face.
"no, i'm not"
she whined, still holding onto jeno's arm.
"by the way, did you get into any fights? you better not"
dahye asked, also threatening.
"i didn't surprisingly, not at all. i'll change for my self and everyone , i'll be my better self. all thanks to you"
jeno replied, showing his adorable eye smile.
"that's good to know, i'm glad"
dahye said, pulling jeno into a hug.

"wouldn't have changed if it weren't for you"
jeno chuckled.
"yeah, i hope you'll stay out of fights from now on"
"i will, i promise. but i just want to know one thing"
jeno scratched his neck shyly.
"what is it?"
"well, you know i have a bad reputation in school, i'm always getting into fights and in trouble, you were even scared of me on your first day. i tried my best to become friends with you and i was surprised you were willing to be friends with me when you could have just stay away. why?"
jeno asked, eager for an answer.

"it's all because i always see the good in people. i saw the good in you and that was what made me want to be your friend instead of staying away from you and i knew there was a possibility of you changing your bad habits of fighting and getting in trouble"
dahye replied, smiling.
"no one has ever said that to me dahye, thank you"
jeno said, bringing in another hug.
"no problem, i really mean it. you should get going now, it's getting late"
dahye said.
"i will, bye dahye!"
jeno waved and got into his car and it drives away, leaving dahye's sight.