𝟭- Azkaban

Hill felt quite depressed.

A few minutes ago she was choking on a piece of chicken, and the next thing she knew, she had traveled to another world. Again.

In the last world, Hill was a good citizen and barely got any parking tickets; she had lived a very serious and careful life. She did all her homework as a child and was enjoying her time in high-school. She had liked that world-- It was peaceful. Unlike those she had traveled to before,  the technology was quite advanced. Phones, cars, and televisions took some time for her to get used to, but she always knew she'd miss them when she left.

She couldn't believe her luck. The first time she actually found a world that gave her comfort, it left her choking to death on poultry. Talk about a fine meal.

"I guess I won't be eating any more chicken then," Hill grunted. Now, what did she turn into? Hopefully not a dog or cat again. The typically short animal lifespans were unpleasant, especially the time she got reincarnated as a magical talking frog. 

As she swirled around and touched her new body, she didn't think she was human. For starters, she was floating a few feet above the ground. A large hooded cape clung to her body and her hands were scabbed and ugly. As for her body, the mere sight of the equally injured chest and legs almost scared Hill half to death. Thank god there weren't any mirrors around-- her face likely didn't look any better.

Great, She thought. I'm probably some evil ghost spirit haunting the medieval times only to be killed by a knight on his way to save a princess.

Gazing around, Hill realized she was in some sort of prison. It was dark and humid and the horrible smell of rotten food soon found her nose. Surrounding her were empty cells. Each one was packed with moldy wheat and scrambling rats, including one in particular that had chosen now to scurry past her. Hill yelped instinctively and tripped backward towards the wall behind her, arms flailing in every direction. She closed her eyes to prepare for impact, for some sort of sudden stinging pain-- but nothing happened. 

She opened her eyes hesitantly and the first thing she saw was her own legs disappearing into the edge of the wall. The rest of her body was in another cell entirely. She found the sight so frightening that she had to force herself to take a few deep breaths just to calm down.

Pulling back her legs, Hill stretched her arm towards the wall curiously. It went through with a tingling sensation and she quickly pulled back. How strange. Aside from the fact that it was already boney and covered in zombie-like dead skin, her arm was completely unharmed. She was able to go through walls. Knowing this made her somewhat delighted. This newfound ability would allow her to float freely from cell to cell, meaning she wasn't trapped here after all.

Maybe I'm some kind of jail guard. That would make sense, my threatening appearance is probably intended as a warning.

Hill then floated and drifted in that place for a few days. She did not know where she could go and was still very upset about leaving the last world. But even as she complained, she didn't have the courage to kill herself in the hope of traveling to a better one. She managed to put up with most of the things. The only thing she could not bear was hunger. Hill didn't know why no food was ever delivered to her. If there were labor protection acts in this world, she would definitely sue them. Even so, somehow she managed to live on despite the lack of food. 

She was not a ghost then, for she had felt hunger. So what was she?

It didn't take long to discover the other creatures that existed here-- ones that were similar to herself. Hill was afraid they would eventually find out that she was different from the rest of them and gang up on her. So on the first day, she had decided to follow one of them around and mimic its movements. Lingering around outside of the prison became a typical day.