21| The Game Night

I woke up to the most amazing feeling. Someone was stroking my hair and leaving butterfly kisses along my back. 

"Good morning, Lia."

Lia...only one person called me that. Wyatt. I was...in bed. With Wyatt. The memories from the night before flooded my mind. I remembered the text messages that revealed Logan had been cheating. I remembered my plan to get drunk in my bathroom. I also remembered Wyatt showing up. I vividly remembered every moment after that. When I stretched in the bed, my body ached with the morning after soreness from our activities. Seems my body remembered it, too. 

"Good morning," I replied as I looked up at Wyatt. 

He was on his side, leaning on his elbow as he looked down at me with a smile. "How did you sleep?"

"I slept pretty good. You?"

He leaned his head down and brushed his lips against mine. "More than good." 

I placed my hand on his bicep as I responded to his kiss. My lips parted and he didn't waste a moment. His tongue slid against mine and I was close to being lost to him again. Before this continued, I needed to talk to him. 

"Wait, wait," I breathed against his lips. He pulled back and arched a brow curiously. "I need to say something."

"If you're going to tell me that last night was a mistake--"

"No!" I assured him quickly. My expression soften as I cupped his cheek. "Last night was definitely not a mistake. But I do feel guilty about something." I sighed heavily. "I want to apologize. I feel like I pushed this on you. We agreed nothing would happen and you tried to tell me no...I'm sorry, Wyatt."

His brow drew into a deep V before he broke out in laughter. "Are you serious?"

"What? Its not funny!" Nothing about this was funny. I was being completely serious with him.

"I'm sorry, Lia," he said as he finally sobered. "Listen you have nothing to apologize for. You didn't seduce me or trick me to climb into this bed with you. I was more than willing." He glanced down at our joined hands. Chills ran through me as he stroked my smooth skin. "If I was being completely honest with you, I feel like last night was inevitable."

"Four years overdue," I whispered before I could stop it.

Pain flickered across his face. "I can't change what happened, Lia. Do I regret it? Yes. More than anything. But I can't change it."

"I know," I said softly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to throw that in your face."

Wyatt snorted. "Yes you did. You never say or do anything you don't mean. But it's okay," he said playfully, "I forgive you."

He leaned down to capture my lips once again. He threw the sheet back; exposing my naked body to his hungry gaze. He ran his hand over my stomach and thigh as he deepened the kiss.

My body came to life with desire, wanting what Wyatt had given it less than twelve hours ago. I spread my legs open for him as I sucked on his tongue. I needed him to touch me in that moment more than anything.

Just as his fingers brushed against my core...

Knock-knock-knock

Wyatt and I pulled apart immediately.

"Amelia? It's Lynette."

Ohmygod. Ohmygod. Ohmygod. That was Wyatt's Mom. Wyatt's mom was standing right outside of my bedroom door. Not only we're Wyatt and I in a compromising position, but I'm pretty sure we didn't lock the door last night.