51. the audubon society

A/N: YO BABES THIS IS SO LATE BUT IM UPDATING NOW GET EXCITED

Who are you and why are you following me?" Brynley asked the blonde again.

"Wow! You're strong!" The blonde gasped. "Makes sense, you do have gold magic after all-"

"Gold magic-What?" Brynley shook her head. "Why are you following me?"

"Amelia Hollis." The blonde said and Brynley's eyes widened, fear rising in her at the mention of her mom.

"What do you know about Amelia Hollis?" Brynley tried not to let the girl know she was afraid.

"You're her daughter," The blonde said. "I'm Elleri, but Elle is fine, and I know you're Brynley Fletcher-Hollis."

"Why were you following me?" Brynley asked.

"Because you're Amelia Hollis's daughter and we need your help!" Elle answered.

"Who's we?" Brynley looked at the blonde.

"The Audubon Society."

-

"I don't understand. What's the Audubon Society? Where are we going?" Brynley asked frantically as she and Elle walked into Audubon Park.

"Did Amelia really not tell you any of this?" Elle looked behind them to make sure no one was following them. They walked up to two trees that had vines connecting the two of them. "We have a lot to catch you up on."

"Revelar." Elle whispered and the vines moved using her magic. Brynley watched as Elle said the spell, the blonde's eyes and hands glowing silver.

"You're a fairy." Brynley said.

"No shit." Elle replied and Brynley looked up to see an entire town between the two trees.

"Oh my god." Brynley gasped as they walked through the entrance.

"Brynley Fletcher, welcome to Audubon." Elle smiled. "This is where your mom has been hiding out since she left, sorry about that."

"My mom said she was on the run from Klaus." Brynley corrected.

"Oh, she was, here." Elle gestured to the town that stood before them.

"Wh-What is this place?" Brynley looked around. She could feel the fairy magic throughout the entire secret town. There was fairies flying around everywhere with the their wings, they had their wands out. "Wow."

"Basically, when Mia Hollis, your great-grandma, I think, was running out of New Orleans while pregnant with Evangeline Hollis, Mia's sister, Cadence Hollis, stayed and made this place with the help of a couple fairies, including my great-grandma, Lily Greybeck." Elle explained. "A secret society that would keep fairies alive. That's what it started as at least, but the war between the witches and fairies kept going on. More of us from all over the world kept coming, and this place practically turned into a town."

"So all of these people are fairies?" Brynley asked.

"Every single one, you can't be here unless you aren't." Elle nodded. "The witches still hate us, so no one else in New Orleans knows about this place besides us. No one in the world knows about it. It's only a thing in the fairy community, and it's not the only one."

"This is crazy." Brynley whispered and Elle smiled. "How do you hide an entire town from the world? Multiple towns?"

"1000 years ago, the Earth chose five people from five different families to become fairies. They were the first ever fairies, they were the test subjects. Those people and their descendants, they're the gold families for their gold magic and because they're the five original fairies." Elle answered. "The Earth later chose more and more people to become fairies, but they were given silver magic, which is not as nearly as powerful as gold magic. One of the gold families was-"

"Hollis." Brynley turned to Elle. "I'm a gold fairy."

"Congrats!" Elle cheered before continuing to explain. "There's five different secret societies all over the world, each being ruled by a member of a gold family, the monarch. Since gold magic is stronger than silver, only gold fairies can cast spells like the one that keeps our society hidden to non-fairy eyes."

"So Cadence Hollis was one who cast the spell that hid this place." Brynley concluded.

"Then her daughter kept it up until she was killed, and then Amelia took over her place as Monarch, also taking her place as the one who kept the spell up." Elle said. "But then she died, and the spell was about to break, but then-

"You stepped into New Orleans." A man walked out of a building that Bryn and Elle were in front of.

"Hi Dad." Elle smiled. "Bryn, this is my dad, Liam Greybeck. Dad, this is Brynley Fletcher."

"Amelia's daughter." Liam said.

"Hi." Brynley looked up at the man politely.

"I've explained to her the beginnings, the protection spell," Elle looked at her father. "You'll do the rest, I'm assuming?"

"Yes, thank you, Elleri." Liam nodded before Elle rolled her eyes at the use of her full name and walked away from them. "Shall we?"

Liam and Brynley walked into the building in front of them. "Does Elijah Mikaelson know where you are?"

"How do you know about him?" Brynley asked.

"We've had Elle tracking you since you first stepped foot into the city." Liam answered. "And you haven't left his side until an hour ago."

"What do you want with me?" Brynley continued to ask questions.

"We're no danger to you, Brynley, or Elijah." Liam promised. "As long as he's no danger to us."

"Well, as long as you don't do anything to me, you're good." Brynley crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry about Amelia." Liam apologized.

"It's fine, she left anyways." Brynley shrugged.

"Since Amelia passed, the protection spell she cast has been weak, but our Council has been able to keep it up." Liam began to explain.

"The Council?" Brynley questioned.

"Our most powerful silver fairies, they help our Monarch with making decisions, and since Amelia passed, and she was our Monarch, they've been sort of ruling. I'm apart of the Council, we all loved your mom." Liam explained and Brynley looked down.

"Yeah well, I didn't know her long enough to love her." Brynley mumbled. "So what do you want me to do? Put up the spell again? Fine, just hand me the spell and let's get this over with."

"We don't just want you to do the spell," Another women entered the room. "We want you to become Monarch."

"Wh-What?" Brynley questioned. "You do realize I'm a teenager, right? I'm still in highschool guys, I can't rule a society."

"Yes, you can. Amelia believed you could, she believed you were destined for it," The women said. "I'm Taelyn van-Doren, another member of the Council. Your mother would send me or someone else to Virginia every once in a while to make sure you were okay. We would tell her what you were doing, and she would always say how you were perfect for Monarch one day."

"That's crazy." Brynley shook her head before her phone rang, seeing it was a call from Elijah, she answered. "Hey."

"Where are you? Are you okay?" Elijah asked and Brynley smiled slightly at the sound of his voice.

"I'm fine, where I am though, that's a bit complicated." Brynley answered. "Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, we should just be leaving soon." Elijah said and Brynley nodded.

"Are we coming back?" Brynley questioned.

"I have to, and I would like you to move here with me, after you graduate, if you'd like." Elijah replied.

"I would like that very much." Brynley smiled. "I'll call you back."

Brynley looked at up Taelyn and Liam. "So, how do I do this spell?"

Brynley and the Council came to an agreement. She did the spell, and in exchange for that, they would let her graduate highschool in Virginia and come to New Orleans after she does.