four

⁀➷

⁀➷

She was smitten with Steven Grant Rogers, and she was sure her father and brothers wouldn't have approved.

She decided against staying another night at Sarah's apartment, choosing to tell the Rogers she would meet with her brother and go from there, which was a complete lie that they didn't need to know about.

Steve, who assumed she was leaving, was a little sad at the thought of never seeing her again, but she reassured him. He was her friend, after all.

He offered to escort her, but she denied, knowing that if he did, she wouldn't have been able to go back to Asgard. She left the Rogers' with a hug for Sarah and a kiss on the cheek for Steve.

Using the locket she traveled with, she summoned Heimdall, and with a blinding light that Midgardians assumes was lightning, she disappeared in an alleyway.

"How was your travel, Lady Ophelia?" asked Heimdall.

She smiled knowingly at him. "Heimdall, you see all. You tell me."

"You had fun," he answered.

"Correct!" she chirped. "Could we perhaps not mention the Midgardian man to anyone?"

"As long as he poses no danger, I will not mention it."

She grinned. "Wonderful! I'll be on my way to see Mother now."

She glided down the path, scurrying back into the palace after greeting the villagers. She returned to her mother's chambers, landing dramatically onto her bed.

Frigga smiled, patting her daughter's hair before excusing her chambermaids, who bowed and left the room. "How were your travels?"

"Wonderful, Mother. Midgard has so many beautiful sights. I'd like to go back soon."

"Of course. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Please, however, be careful. I wouldn't want anything horrible to happen to you," pleaded Frigga.

Ophelia lifted her head up, looking her mother in the eyes. "Mother, of course. I would never do anything jeopardize my safety. That's more of Thor's habit."

Frigga sighed. "Do not get me started on him, honestly."

"What did he do now?"

"Darling, he took Loki's book and started a chase! He threatened to drop it in the lake, then Loki tackled him into the water. They came back absolutely drenched," exasperated Frigga.

Ophelia grinned. "That sounds like my brothers."