Chapter Three

Adonis walked towards his fathers black dodge truck with his mother following behind him. Katrina was pissed at her son for getting arrested now it was all over the media because of him being Ricky's son.

"Adonis I can't believe you even got into a fight over Sasha!" Katrina was saying.

"I didn't fight over Sasha." Adonis tells her.

"Then what was it about?" Katrina stopped in front of Ricky's truck with her hands on her hips. He didn't say much since they bailed Adonis out. He'd already explained what had happened, so Ricky completely understood.

"I just wanted to see my son." Adonis says truthfully.

"You should've just walked away. Now she has a restraining order against you. She said that you were a threat to her and Jr after that fight." Katrina explained.

"That's his son, Trina. He has every right to see him." Ricky explained.

Adonis felt as if he had been stabbed straight in the heart with daggers, "A restraining order?"

"Was it worth it? Now you can't even see your son!"

"I'm fucking trying, aight. I'm trying." Adonis said as his voice cracked. There was a lump rising in his throat. He pushed back his tears because he didn't want to cry in front of them. He didn't want to show his father that he was weak. Katrina had always been hard on him. She didn't make the situation better by jumping down his throat. The tension between him and his mother grew thicker each day. Nothing was the same without Paisley being around and a part of him felt as if she'd blamed him for Paisley going missing. He couldn't see his son, and he'd missed his sister.

"Don't you swear at me, Adonis!" Katrina hit her son in the chest but it didn't seem to phase him one bit.

Adonis remained quiet. He had nothing more to say as he climbed inside of the backseat in his father's truck. He just wanted to get home. He removed his phone from the plastic bag that his things were stored in once he got arrested. His battery was low, so he'd wait until he got home to call her.

"There's a search party for Paisley Saturday morning." Katrina says.

They had Search parties for Paisley every month more than once. The officers weren't really doing a good job of looking for her. It's as if they don't care. Katrina planned her own search parties and people in surrounding neighborhoods would attend and even students at school.

"I just pray we find her and I hope she's alive." Katrina continued as tears fell down her eyes. Ricky reaches over, placing his hand on her thigh trying to comfort her.

Paisley had been missing for a year now. Half of the people thought that she was already dead, but her family was still hoping and praying. They weren't going to let any of this go until she was found and back home safely.

Adonis didn't want to think about his sister being gone. It didn't feel right, "She's not dead. We're going to find her."

He knew that his mother probably blamed him for Paisley's disappearance. Honestly, he blamed himself. While his mother went out to work, he wasn't supposed to let Paisley leave his eyesight.

Paisley wouldn't stop bugging him about seeing her best friend. She told him that it was important and that her best friend needed her. Adonis knew how close they were and Paisley always walked to her house to visit. Adonis let her leave and he regretted it. He should've walked with her, but he didn't.

Adonis stared out the window, watching the trees, houses, and cars as they passed by them. His life may seem perfect to other people; it wasn't. He always felt like the fuck up in the family. The only person that really showed that they cared was his father, Ricky. He could go to him about anything. All Katrina did was judge him, and talk about him behind his back with her sisters.