twenty-nine

Chapter twenty-nine✓

Everyone quickly became fond of Olivia as they got to know her. When they had first met her either in the woods, Scott's house, or in Derek's loft, or the woods after punching a tree in half, they grew extremely fond of her and quick. It felt like she had been there with them all of their lives and not up until a couple of months ago. She fit in with their little group far better than anyone could have imagined.

So, when Olivia was upset or struggling with something, it was first nature to go and ask her what was bothering her. But, during the few weeks Olivia had been MIA, no one knew of the horrors she was going through — not that she would say anything either. The others had asked Scott about her, but he refused to say anything because he felt that it wasn't his to tell, even though Olivia was being mentally tormented by a psychotic demon, but, of course, he only knew what he saw.

Olivia would go over to Allisons in the middle of the night, tears stained on her cheeks and sleep with her. No matter what Allison tried she would never talk and all that she could do until she would was simply be there next to her. That's why they were keeping a closer watch on her throughout the school day — on eachother so no one slips through their fingers.

"Good morning everyone."

First period had started and Olivia's plan of her trying to avoid everyone and go unseen was already not going according to plan because she had almost every class with at least one of them. So there she sat, her knuckles white and she clenched them tighter and tighter till they cracked. Her nails dug into her sweaty palms, head feeling like an air horn had gone off and was still ringing. Basically her day was already shit.

The most dreadful thing was that it wouldn't leave her alone. Not even for a minute. So, in the corner of the front of the classroom there it stood, watching Olivia and growling under its breath. She tried so hard to not look at it or pay any attention to it, but it was no use. The teacher was at the front, she had to pay attention somehow.

Olivia closed her eyes tightly, trying to block out any loud noises that made her jump or seem startled. Then, some dumb ass kid had to fucking sneeze like a freaking fright train. Olivia must have flinched so hard because all of her friends at the same exact time, turned over their shoulders and looked at her.

That was Olivia's first mistake.

The mummified creature started to walk, shuffling with a limp in one of its legs, out of the corner. Its bandaged hands trailed the desks, making its way over ( slowly but surely, probably for dramatic effect ) to where she sat scared shit less. The lights began to flicker in the classroom and Olivia didn't even notice because her eyes were sewn shut, seeing black spots and designs in the darkness of her eyelids. The thing was, it wasn't in her head. The lights were actually flickering in the room. Everyone noticed finding it rather odd but not too strange since their school was odd, but one particular person only grew more concerned.

Stiles turned around and found Olivia a few seats behind him with her eyes shut and hands wrapped around the edges of the desk.

Olivia could feel it moving toward her, taunting her in a way that weakened her. She was tired of this, tired of no sleep, tired of avoiding the people she cared about, but she couldn't let it get to them. Over her dead body.

It walked with a more fastened pace from the front of the room, banging on desks, whispering venomous things to get into her head.

We're going to destroy them all.

Your friends are going to die by your hands and it'll be all your fault.

Let me in and we can feel their cries for help as we kill the people who didn't even care about you until their own lives depended on it.