- 1 1 6 - WEASLEY IS OUR KING

THE FIRST QUIDDITCH MATCH WAS AGAINST SLYTHERIN, AND IT WAS SO AWFUL THE WAY THINGS TURNED OUT

THE FIRST QUIDDITCH MATCH WAS AGAINST SLYTHERIN, AND IT WAS SO AWFUL THE WAY THINGS TURNED OUT. Gryffindor was doing well, even with Crabbe and Goyle, the gorilla creatures they were, as Beaters for Slytherin. They were playing dirty, as Slytherin did, and there was an awful song the Slytherins were singing about Ron. It made the Keeper play even worse because he was so nervous.

Weasley is Our King continued to be shouted in the stands. The song was so terrible, Lorelei had to fight with Hermione to go and hex the lot who were singing. It didn't matter after a few minutes because Harry had still managed to catch the Snitch. He received a Bludger from Crabbe, but they had won. It didn't matter anymore. She would deal with the song after, but now, she had to go see her team.

Lorelei was making her way down the stands to congratulate her boyfriend and team, but she sped up her pace when she saw Malfoy walking over to them with a sneer on his livid face. Lorelei had just made it to George when she began to hear what Malfoy was saying.

"Saved Weasley's neck, haven't you? I've never seen a worse Keeper, but he was born in a bin... Did you like my lyrics, Potter?" Malfoy sneered. Lorelei took note that Ron was walking alone to the changing rooms, obviously disheartened by the way he played, but god damn it! He needed confidence in himself. "We wanted to write another couple of verses. But we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly--we wanted to sing about his mother, see--"

"You better stop while you're ahead, Malfoy," Lorelei hissed to the boy, allowing herself to half-transform into, as Umbridge would say, her beastly form.

Malfoy only looked disgusted toward her. "I can't believe we're related, you filthy beast... but I suppose that's what the Weasley's like, don't they? Muggles and half-breeds. Speaking of the Muggle-lover, we couldn't fit in useless loser either, for their father, you know..."

Fred and George froze where they were. George was on his way to Lorelei, and Fred had just shaken Harry's hand dramatically, but the smile both held dropped. George turned angrily at Malfoy's words.

"Leave it," Angelina said, grabbing Fred's arm. She put her hands on Fred's face to make him look away from Malfoy, but the boy was shaking. Lorelei had stood in front of George and Harry, making both stop their assault on Malfoy. "Leave it, Fred, let him yell, he's just sore he's lost--"

"Leave it, Georgie. Harry, come on," Lorelei said, but on the inside, she was waiting for the release to finally pounce on someone. All the pent up anger was getting to her.

"--but you like the Weasleys, don't you, Potter?" Malfoy said. "Spend holidays there and everything, don't you? And Black lives there. Though, I suppose it can't be any better than the sewers she swims in, right? That must be how you both stand the stink! But I suppose if you've been dragged up by Muggles and sewage pipes, even the Weasley's hovel smells okay--"

Lorelei's arm tightened on George, who was ready to advance. Harry was helping keep George from running off while Angeling, Alicia, and Katie were holding Fred back. Both twins looked ready to kill, and Lorelei was not far from it.

"Or perhaps," Malfoy jeered, backing away slightly, "you can remember what your mother's house stank like, Potter, and the Weasley's pigsty reminds you of it--"

Lorelei felt Harry take off, and in her stunned state, George had gently pushed passed her as well before pounding on the Malfoy boy. Harry and George were ruthless, and Lorelei watched in shock. Fred was pushing against the three Chasers angrily, wanting to join his brother.

Suddenly, it seemed like all the teachers wanted to join in now. Not before, no, not when Malfoy was disrespecting the Weasleys and Harry's dead mother. Lorelei watched as George and Harry were sent away. Lorelei quickly walked over to Fred, still a bit in shock. She grabbed his hand, feeling his body immediately calm itself down. He looked down at her.

"Come on, Freddie. Let's go," she urged. He nodded hesitantly, listening to the Slytherins jeering in the background.

"Look! The beast must go back and forth between twins," she heard Malfoy call out, with his bruised eye and swollen lip shining.

Lorelei turned with her wand and no one saw it coming. She yelled out, "Locomotor Mortis!"

Suddenly, Malfoy fell forward as his legs locked together. She heard teachers yelling out for her, but she had nothing left to lose. Pulling Fred's hand, she directed him to the changing rooms. She waited outside, seeing Ron pass without looking at her.

When Fred came back out, cleaned up, she grabbed his hand again. She was afraid he would turn and go back to hurt Malfoy. She hadn't needed to give Umbridge a reason to give him detention or whatever it was she would do to Harry and George when she found out.

Walking back to the Common Room in silence, she rubbed his knuckles. After almost reaching the tower, he mumbled out, "I'm sorry for what he said about you."

"Nonsense, Freddie. I love you and your family too much to give a rat's arse about what that little ugly ferret thinks. I know how beautiful your mother is and how awesome your father is. Don't even get me started on the children they produced, but I have my favorites of course."

She grinned when she saw his lips twitch into a smile. "Oh, yeah? Who're they?"

"Who said it was more than one? I told you before, Freddie, Charlie is my favorite," she teased.

Fred looked over at her with a laugh before letting a lazy smile rest on his face. Letting his hand go once they reached the Common Room, she was surprised when Fred gave her a hug. He mumbled in her ear, "I'm so glad we found you floating along six years ago. George and I would be lost without you."

"As would I," she said.

She hoped when they would see Harry and George next, the punishments would not be too bad. They knew, however, by the sullen faces sitting near the fire that it was not the case. Fred walked over to George who sat there glaring at the wall next to him.

Lorelei sat on the other side of him, in between George and Harry. She grabbed both their hands because she knew whatever Umbridge had done was bad, but she had to remind them that it was not the end of the world. They would get through it together like they always did.

Angelina, however, almost blew a fuse when she found out what happened.