One

Layla was sound asleep till Emmett walked in. He saw her still in bed and shook his head. "Layla." He said shaking her. "Baby, you need to get dressed for school."

"I don't wanna." Layla mumbled into the pillow. Emmett chuckled as he started tickling her, something he learnt over the years. Layla started giggling and squirming as she tries to get away from him. Emmett grabbed her and brought her back. "Stop!"

"Not till you get up and get ready." He tells her,

"Okay." She said as she grabbed Emmett and kissed him. Emmett kissed back.

"On second thought...."

"Don't you two dare." Alice said from the door way. Layla and Emmett looked at her. "Out." She tells Emmett. Emmett quickly kissed her before getting chased out by Alice herself. Layla giggled as Alice turned. "Let's get you dressed."

Layla groaned as she knew she has fallen victim to her sister Alice.
~~~
Layla arrived with Rosalie and Alice. All the way to the school, Alice has been nonstop talking about the new girl. Layla got out and was admittedly wrapped up in her mates arms. "Alice still talking about this new girl."

"Yeah." Layla tells him. "I don't know why though." Emmett shrugs and kisses her head.

"I don't know squirt, but maybe there is a good reason." Stefan says.

"Or bad." Rosalie pinched in from beside. Layla nodded. Only reason why Layla was accepted so easy is because she's not a human. "Let's get to class." Layla nodded as her and Emmett walked in.

"Rosalie is stressing out."

"Do you blame her Jasper?" He shook his head know. "There is a possibility that the new girl might be the one for Edward."

"Let's hope not." Emmett tells his mate. "I'll see you after class." Layla looked to see she was at her class with Jasper. She kissed him as Stefan and Emmett started carrying on.

"I wonder about those two." Jasper said as Layla nodded before going in.
~~~
Layla smiled as it was time for lunch. She walked with Rosalie as she told her about the clumsy new girl and how she hit the flirt of the school, Mike Newton, in the head. "Wow, that sounds hilarious."

"It was more funny when he started flirting with her." Layla tells her. "The only irritated thing about the girl was she kept staring at me like she was trying to see what I was."

"Oh boy." Rosalie said once they got to their family. The others looked at them. "New girl is already suspicious of Layla for some odd reason." Emmett walked over and hugged her.

"I'm not worried about it." Layla says. Emmett kissed her head. "Let's go in."

First was Stefan and Rosalie. Next was Layla and Emmett, who showed nothing but love towards one another. Emmett heard Jessica talking about them, but Layla kissed him making him smile. "I love you." He said as they sat down. Emmett noticed Layla looking at the new girl who was staring at Edward.

"And we got trouble." Layla tells them. They all saw the new girl staring at Edward. "She's trouble."

"Layla." Edward said.

"I'm trying to keep you guys safe." Layla tells him. "She shouldn't be dragged into this life. You know good and well that she deserves a human life."

"I know." Edward said. "I'm curious as to why I can read her mind." Layla nodded.

Emmett kissed her head as she ate. Layla smiled at Emmett. The bell rang signaling for the next class. "Let's go."
~~~
By the end of the day, Layla was walking when Edward grabbed her arm and dragged her out the school. "What's wrong?" She asked. Edward just kept walking. Layla felt his grip tightened. "Edward, your starting to hurt me."

Edward released after hearing that and hugged his sister. "I'm so sorry." He tells her. "She's my singer."

"Oh no." She said.

"Yeah." Edward replies. "I almost lost control over her." Layla sighed.

"Let's go to the others." Layla tells him. Edward nodded and the two walked towards their cars. Emmett saw Layla holding her arm. She knew he would kill Edward. "Before you try to kill him, it wasn't his fault."

"Layla, he hurt you."

"He didn't know." Layla tells her mate. "The new girl is Edward's singer. He was fighting his thirst for the human and didn't know he had a grip on my arm."

"I'll let it slide this time, but the next time, I won't."

"There won't be a next time Emmett." Edward tells him. "Let's just go home." Layla nodded and kissed Emmett before getting in the car. Edward stared at Bella after the girls left. "She's not worth this." Emmett said as he got in his Jeep with Jasper and drove off leaving Edward to do the same.
~~~
That night, Layla ran to her room after hearing that Edward was leaving and going to the Denali's. The others knew Layla loved having her family together and with one gone she feels like she has been abandoned again. Emmett walked in and saw her on their bed. "Layla?" Layla ran into his arms crying. "He'll be back."

"Promise?"

"I promise." He said as he wiped her tears. "I will never abandoned you." Layla smiled. Emmett kissed her making her relax. The kiss became heated real fast as that night got better for Layla. 'He'll come back.'