Day 1 - B

Ryan was standing at his locker, trying to find the right notebook for his first class. Occassionally, he'd look up at the students passing by him. He fought a smile when he noticed Brendon coming round the corner.

"Hey, Ry," Brendon called out when he spotted Ryan.

"Morning B." Ryan decided to grab a random book and shut his locker. He turned to Brendon who was now standing in front of him.

"Unlock your phone and give it to me," Brendon commanded. Ryan raised a curious eyebrow when Brendon held out his hand. "It's a dare."

With a smirk, Ryan obeyed, placing the device in the other's palm. Brendon began going through it, not letting Ryan see what he was doing. Not long after, he returned the phone with a large grin spread over his face.

"Let's go to class." He turned on his heels and began moving to their first class. Ryan followed close behind.

"What did you do?" He asked. Brendon's smile only got wider after a giggle passed his lips.

In first period, Ryan sat puzzled at the dare. He would occassionally spare a glance in Brendon's direction. The boy didn't bother to acknowledge him once at the start of class. He sighed and filed this dare as a dud.

The teacher was about half way through the lesson before Ryan felt his phone go off in his pocket. His eyes widened when every head turned in his direction as the song 'Baby' sounded in his pocket.

"Mr. Ross, you know phones are not allowed in class," the teacher huffed. Ryan gave an apologetic smile as he rushed to pull the phone out and shut it off.

The sound of a small laugh caught his attention and he snapped his head to the left to see Brendon struggling to contain his laughter. Ryan smirked and shook his head at the sight, trying to think of a dare to top this first one.

As the class went on, Brendon had called Ryan's phone three more times. Ryan was grateful that the teacher didn't give him detention and only confiscated the phone for the remainder of the period.

After class, Brendon rushed out of the room, but Ryan easily caught up. Brendon was a giggling mess when Ryan grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Justin Bieber? Really? Cute dare, but you'll have to do better than that to beat me," Ryan finished with a teasing smile. Brendon was beaming as he looked up at Ryan.

"Thought it was a good way to start off the game," he responded with a shrug. Ryan pushed him gently.

"I'll get you back so you better be ready." The bell rang, signally students to get to class. They stared at each other, wearing matching smiles and feeling warmer inside than normal. Thoughts of new dares turned in their heads and excitement grew with anticipation.

"Bring it on." Slowly, they walked opposite directions, to their next classes, occasionally looked back over their shoulders until they were out of sight of each other.