Chapter Seventeen: Hot Damn

"Bubba!" I heard as I jolted awake. My breathing was heavy as I looked around the room that was definitely not mine. I knew exactly who's room this was, but the question was, where is he?

The door flew open as Riley stood in the doorway with a five dollar bill in his hands. The look of disappointment in his face was evident as he stared at me.

"Where's my tooth?" He whined as he threw the dollar on the floor. I stared at him with confusion as he climbed onto the bed.

"What?" I asked as he sat beside me.

"My tooth is missin'. It ain't on the sink no more. So I looked in my bed, and I found just a dollar," he said in a very disappointed way.

"The tooth fairy took it," I stated. His mouth fell open as he looked at me with shock.

"No! I want my tooth! Go beat her up, Ally!" He screamed as his eyebrows furrowed together with anger. I grabbed his hands and rubbed the backs of them with my thumb.

"Lee, the tooth fairy takes your teeth and gives you money for them in return. She did that to me, too." Then, without warning, his face turned to pure horror as his hands flew up to his mouth, and he screamed.

"She's gonna rip my teeth out!" He cried and jumped off of the bed and slammed the door shut. Just then, Greyson jolted up off the floor. I stared at him in disbelief as he sat on the floor and rubbed his face with his hands.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he looked at me with that 'are you kidding me' face.

"Sorry that I couldn't sleep in my bed with you doing a f*cking spread eagle in the damn thing," he said tiredly as he turned himself from side to side and cracked his back.

"Oh," I mumbled slightly embarrassed. It's not my fault that I like my space.

"Who slammed the door?" He asked as he looked at me. I took a moment to look at him and couldn't help but giggle.

His hair was in all different directions, and one eye lid drooped more that the other. His cheeks were red, and you could see outlines on his face from the pillow he had slept on.

"What?" He questioned as he rubbed his eyes with his fists like Riley does. I really wanted to just 'awe' in that moment.

"You just look funny in the morning," I said as I chuckled. He rolled his eyes and then pointed at me.

"I'd look in the mirror, missy."

"Fine. I will," I said as I poked my tongue out at him.

I got out of the bed and wandered into his bathroom. I looked at the mirror and instantly froze. Hot damn.

"I'm a mess," I spoke loud enough for him to hear. I heard him laugh, and moments later, he entered the bathroom.

He stood behind me and smiled. I watched as he played with a strand of my hair.

"A hot mess," he replied with a shy smile and then kissed the side of my cheek. I froze, but then recovered and smiled back at him.

"Shut up, and get out. That's weird," I said as I pushed him away. He laughed and walked out. I closed the door and walked back over to the mirror.

I put water on my hands as I washed the black mascara smudges away from under my eyes.

"Alex. What are you doing to yourself?" I muttered in a way that wasn't sad, but it wasn't happy. I actually liked this Alex. She was a lot nicer to be around.

After I was done mentally criticizing myself about the red spots on my face and my slightly greasy hair, I threw my hair into a bun and then walked out of the bathroom.