11 ' Who's mimi?

"You think I'm beautiful, Kiyoomi-san?" Amari mumbles shortly after their first kiss, her brows knitting to a sad expression.

"I literally just said it," he clicks his tongue, his faint blush illuminated by the bright moonlight.

"I thought you'd be grossed out," she mutters as she fiddled her fingers.

"Well, I'm not."

"That makes me happy," she chuckles, loosening up again and arching her back to relax on the swing.

"By the way, I have a gift for you," she adds while staring at the stars. "I'm not sure you'll like it, though."

"What gift?" he asks and looks at her glimmering eyes.

"Ah, here," she says and sways her head to her side to get her bag. She unzips it and fishes out a giftbox labelled, "To my Omi <3"

"Merry Christmas," she tells him as she hands him the box. "You can open it later or something."

Sakusa observes the neatly wrapped giftbox and contrary to what she just said, lifts the cover.

"A scarf?" he mutters and holds the soft green scarf.

"Yeah, I made it for you," she informs him, trying to decipher his blank reaction, "And oh, I washed it before giving it to you, of course."

He hums an "okay" and puts the scarf around his neck. "Thank you," he tells her finally with a kind smile.

a week later
amari residence

A week later after their first kiss, Amari notices subtle but nice changes with Sakusa. By now, she's quite sure that her relationship with him was slow and steady, just as he sees fit.

Still, she's usually the one to greet the usual good mornings and good nights first even if he wakes up earlier. At the very least, Sakusa was putting more effort to keep their conversations going unlike before.

YumeMitsuhara09: we're going to the shrine right?

jirotwo: yup yup my parents gave me permission already

Emimimi: I think I might ask Kiyoomi out on the New Year. We might go to a shrine.

jirotwo: no fair ;; its sakusa this sakusa that

YumeMitsuhara09: yeah, we havent hung out yet

jirotwo: and he's still doing bare minimum right??

jirotwo: is he really serious??

YumeMitsuhara09: you're mean again lol

Emimimi: It's not bare minimum -_-

Emimimi: go get a girlfriend -_-

Emimimi: I can still go with you after my date with him or something -_- let's go to karaoke

YumeMitsuhara: really?

jirotwo: -_-

Emimimi: Of course

Moments later, Amari successfully makes plans with Sakusa for the New Year and they agree on going to a shrine in the morning.

January 1
8:30 AM

Amari raises the two winter dresses on her hands beside her, deciding which of the two looked better on her. She purses her lips, eyeing on the two. "The beige one looks nicer," she convinces herself before tossing the peach one back to the closet.

She puts it on, posing in front of the mirror to check herself out. She grabs her favorite coat and puts it on, and afterwards, hangs her bag on her shoulder.

"I'm going now," she announces to her sister who was in the other room.

"Take care," her sister replies in her usual dead tone.

Meanwhile, for Sakusa, he's starting to get irked by the crowd entering the shrine. He absolutely hates those and all he wanted now was to go home and rest.

He waits under a tree, a little farther away from the people, and he surveys his surroundings in search of her.

"Kiyoomi-san, did I make you wait?" he hears a sweet and familiar tone, which he's sure to be Amari's.

"Yes, you did. You're 3 minutes late," he scolds and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry," she apologizes and puts on a nervous smile, "Let's go now."

"Just so you know, I'm only going here because you were so persistent. It's too crowded."

"It's going to be quick, I promise," she reassures.

"Eh, is that," they both hear a voice nearby and Amari turns her head to the left to look. "Mimi-chan?" the person adds.

"Who's Mimi?" Sakusa wonders.

"Oh, Tora-kun?" she immediately recognizes the man.

"Tora-kun!" she confirms and covers her mouth in surprise, "It's been a while!"

"Yeah, I didn't expect you to be here," he says with a bashful smile.

"Me neither. Wow, you're so much taller now," she remarks.

"And you, you've become much much prettier. I mean, d-did you lose weight?" he comments and touches her arm.

"Yeah, I did lose weight. But I'm eating well, of course," she answers and tucks a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"Emi, I'm going home now," Sakusa groans under his mask, butting in the lively conversation.

"Wait, what, no," she blurts out and holds his hand to stop him. She's glad he doesn't flinch, but his annoyance is much too obvious to be brushed off.