𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.

edye sat with her mother in one of the local diners having various conversations ranging from the past to the present

edye sat with her mother in one of the local diners having various conversations ranging from the past to the present. it was definitely still a shock but for some reason edye was starting to feel okay with it. she felt like her broken family world was finally coming together.

"i'll admit. i was young, undeserving and i should've never left you. regardless of what your father and i were going through, i shouldn't have taken it out on you as well." shanice explained. she definitely owed edye an explanation although edye was sure she'd never truly understand something like that.

"i'm just glad you're here.. like we really have so much to talk about." edye smiled. for some reason being face to face, she couldn't bring herself to hate the woman as she should. isn't this what she wanted?

"you're right, we absolutely do. maybe we can bring up the possibility of you living with me?" she said, hopeful edye would say yes. they had nothing but time to make up.

"really? i don't know.." edye trailed off. quite frankly, she was tired of moving and ironically she just found out her mother still thought of her existence.

shanice raised an eyebrow, giving her daughter a dissatisfied face. "what? you living it up with antoine?"

that was when edye couldn't tell if she was being genuine when she said that or not. maybe she just had a distaste for her dad which would be understandable. either way it was starting to throw her off and she was starting to feel how surreal this all was.

"uh no, i just have really good friends here. also i wouldn't particularly like to move again." the young girl shrugged. she honestly didn't even want to think about being away from her friends. it was stressful enough if she didn't see them for a few days. they were people she found comfort with. it wouldn't do her any good to abandon them.

shanice nodded her head slowly. "well, you just think about it and let me know. so.. tell me about your friends."

"they're cool. we all have the same interests so it's always a fun time and i can say i'm definitely close to them."

"close to one in particular?" shanice inquired as she tilted her head as if she were hinting at something.

edye let out a laugh as she instantly thought about fuckshit. "i guess you can say that, yeah."

"that's cute," shanice smiled, placing her hand on top of edye's hand that laid on the table. "i know i didn't come here to give you any advice but you're truly beautiful. just be careful about who you surround yourself with."

edye grinned and nodded. "noted."

。˚༷。˚༷ ♡‧₊˚

"where have you been?"

the first thing edye heard when she walked past her dad in the house. normally he didn't question her too much. she'd only be at a few places so he didn't bother with it. of course he knew she'd probably be out with her mother considering yesterday's antics.

"i had lunch with my mother." she shrugged, trying to go off to her room as fast as possible before he stopped her with his words.

"listen.. don't get too comfortable with your mother." mr. carson warned his daughter. edye was similar to her mother in many ways. they were both clearly stubborn and probably would be the death of him.

"uh, why not?" she asked, leaning against the wall as she waited to hear what he had to say.

"there's things you just don't know about that woman. look, i know i said it's your decision but don't get any of your hopes up." he said, choosing his words carefully. the last thing he wanted was an argument especially something she'd go back and tell shanice.

"really, dad?" edye was starting to think he was jealous. there was no was he was so against this woman if they broke up because of his mistakes.

"this isn't up for discussion. i'm simply just warning you."

"so you're telling me people don't change? you of all people." she furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to understand. it was starting to be clear to her that there are definitely some unsaid things to her. no matter her decision, someone wasn't going to be happy.

"yes, that's what i'm saying. some people just don't experience that change, edye." mr. carson confessed, hoping edye would get what he was throwing at her.

"look, i really don't wanna talk about this anymore." edye huffed, going off to her room for the rest of the night.

✩*⢄⢁✧ --------- ✧⡈⡠*✩
edye's mom, shanice
aka dewanda wise in the gif. 🦋