тωεηтү sεvεη | тнε вσss

"That was a very convincing performance, Jungkook," Jaehyun smiled, snatching the phone away from the younger. "I almost believed you."

Jaehyun stepped away from him, having hovered over him while he was on the phone. Jungkook eyed his movements.

"I don't care what you think about my brother, you're an idiot if you think you're gonna take Ggukie or The Order down," Jungkook threatened.

"No matter," Jaehyun shrugged. "If you can't accept that your brothers a heartless murderer, then so be it — to hell with your little Order."

Jungkook watched Jaehyun pace the room, scowling at the man defiantly — but also confused. He didn't understand why Jaehyun wanted him to call Ggukie in the first place, he didn't see the point. Jaehyun seemed to realize what he was thinking.

"Didn't think I'd catch that little clue you threw in about your whereabouts?" Jaehyun sneered, causing Jungkook's eyes to widen. "In a gang, you learn to pick up on these things. Of course, you'd know that if you were more involved."

Jungkook continued to glare. "Then why'd you have me call him if you knew he'd find out where we are?"

"Oh, I'm counting on it," Jaehyun smirked, enjoying the younger's muddled state.

"Why? Why now? Why not weeks ago? Why not the second you brought me here?" Jungkook interrogated.

"We had to wait for a special guest to get back in town before we could move on," Jaehyun chuckled. "And they're back in town."

"Special guest?" Jungkook spat. "Are you serious?"

"Yup," Jaehyun snickered. "So I'd stow that attitude if I were you. I need you on your best behavior."

"Who is it?" Jungkook fretted.

"You'll see." With that, Jaehyun retired out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him. Jungkook listened as his footsteps retreated, fading into the silence until he was left in solitary once again.

Nearly 24 hours had gone by since he'd called Jeongguk.

He laid curled up on the mattress in the corner of the makeshift room he still wasn't allowed to leave from. With a lack of windows, the same glow of light from the bulb resonated through the room, and the same hum of white noise outside the door let him know he was still being guarded. But somehow, the room felt like it was getting smaller.

Everything was finally dawning on him.

It felt like the walls were caving in, and he was suffocating, suffocating from fear and guilt. His brother's broken voice echoed in his mind. He couldn't get it out of his head. He'd never heard Ggukie sound so...dejected.

They hadn't really talked about what happened to their parents. But really, they didn't need to, they were there. They were all locked in that room together. They all stood together in the end.

However, Jaehyun wasn't in that room, so Jungkook couldn't discern why the man decided to bring it up, or how he knew his parents didn't die in an accident, or what it had to do with him in the first place.

Jungkook couldn't fathom why Jaehyun was heavily fixated on The Jeon Order to begin with. It's normal to have gang rivalries, but this seemed incredibly personal.

So what was the end game?

Jungkook buried his face into his raised legs, resting his forehead on his knees and breathing deeply, praying that his brother would find him soon, or that this was all one big nightmare, and he would wake up cuddled with V.

Jungkook let the thoughts lull him to sleep, exhaustion weighing on him as his eyes slowly fluttered close, and subtle snores escaped him.

A commotion outside the door woke him up. Jungkook tiredly blinked his eyes open, unfurling from his position and gazing toward the door.

"What time is it?" He murmured, kneading at his eyes with the heel of his hands, attempting to grind the sleep away.

The white noise outside of the room grew louder, the potent sound of feet shuffling out of the way so a few could march through.

Jungkook swung his legs over the edge and promptly stood from the bed, ready to face Jaehyun again. He rubbed at his face, not wanting to show the man any fatigue or weakness.

All the lessons Hoseok had given him were flooding his mind. And the most important thing was to stay calm, especially now more than ever.

No matter what, he wouldn't back down. He couldn't. He had to be strong. He had to somehow keep them busy and give The Order enough time to save him. And perhaps while he's at it, figure out why Jaehyun hates them so much.

The door then forcefully creaked opened, Jungkook unflinching, glare locked and loaded.

Jaehyun stepped in, that same amused taunt on his face. "Hi, Jungkook, the boss wants to see you."

Jungkook's glare faltered.

The boss? Jungkook thought. Wasn't Jaehyun the—?

Suddenly, someone stepped from behind Jaehyun — a proud, satisfied, sickening smirk on their face.

Jungkook almost burst into tears, his knees nearly giving out, a painful gasp trapped in his throat as he stared at the man.

"Hi, Jungkookie."

"J...J-Jimin?"