Chapter 7 - Settled in

(UNSC Spartan 114 service ID 01537-21931-114
Official Audio log entry 3)

It is currently September 20, 2552 military calender, I have been on remnant now for 2 weeks 1 day, in that time I have encountered local inhabitants of this planet as mentioned in audio log entry 1 and have been attending a combat school as detailed in audio log entry 2, since entry 2 I have been learning more about the world I am stranded on, the weapons here don't use gunpowder, instead use an elemental substance known locally as 'Dust' further experiments are required but I have been able to successfully create gunpowder on this planet and have begun combining dust and gunpowder into more affective ammunition, much to the satisfaction of Spartan 144 who has been using my new ammunition in field tests, so far they prove to be successful, I have begun to construct specialised weapons baised on my own designs to more effectively fight against the creatures of grim, to which I have mentioned in audio log entry 1, the UNSC Frigate 'Winter's Edge" is still byond repair however Smart A.I Alea 055 is making progress on vehicle repairs. That is all I have to report, Serria 114 signing out.

(Jack Keyes personal Audio log entry 7)

I woke up this morning feeling good, it has been a little over a week since I spent the night in Team RWBY's dorm and woke up to the feeling of Weiss Schnee laying next to me, we still haven't talked about it at all, I left the room for my morning jog before she had woken up and when I returned she was already awake and talking with Ruby, I think back to the way that morning made me feel allot, I've never felt like this before. unrelated update, I haven't used the Mk V Mjolnir Armor much at all this week, instead using my weapons and knives in combat training, I've also began manufacturing some of my weapon designs, sometimes they don't work out but most do, my favorite of which being a sword that looks identical to the energy sword excpt the blades are made of titanium I salvaged from winter's edge seeing as my energy sword cuts through anything I use it against including any students weapons I decided to build the "Titanium Sword" for use in training.

I also designed a transforming weapon that named Titanium Guardbreaker, many students in beacon Have melee weapons that transform into guns so I designed my own, it's default state is an M6C-SOCOM magnum that transforms into a sword of sorts and can also partly convert from "sword mode" into "quick shot" mode in which I can fire in less time than it takes to fully convert back into "Magnum mode"

Surprisingly all the materials for gunpowder exist on remnant making it easy to manufacture UNSC style ammunition, I have also combined dust and gunpowder to make bullets with the strength and damage of UNSC ammo and the elemental features of dust ammo, Emmitt 144 is particularly fond of my Fire buckshot rounds for his shotgun and lightning grenades used in his Brute Shot.

I'm calling it an early night tonight, this is Jack signing off.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm signalling that it is now 0700 hours, Emmitt is also waking up, while he does I decided to go have a shower and brush my teeth. After my shower I got dressed in some running gear and went on my morning 5km run, I prefer running while Emmitt spends his extra half an hour in the mornings on the boxing bag. After my run I met back up with Emmitt and we walked towards the cafeteria for breakfast. Allong the way we caught up with team RWBY

Jack:
"morning everyone"

Blake:
"morning guys"

Yang:
"oh morning Jack, and hey you"

Emmitt:
"hey to you too gorgeous"

Weiss:
"please don't throw your physical affection for each other in our faces agai-"

Jack:
"too late Weiss, they are already making out... in public...for some reason"

Emmitt:
"don't judge us, besides you could too if you would hurry up and ask out W-"

Jack:
"Oh hey look it's JNPR, let's go say hi"

Emmitt:
"he always does this you know"

Ruby:
"so Jack, are you ready for your fight with team CRDL?"

Jack:
"of course, im always ready for combat"

Weiss:
"We will be cheering you on all the way"

Jack:
"Haha, thanks Weiss, I appreciate it"