°46

It seemed as though all the time in the world had frozen, stilling when the two of them exchanged eye contact for what felt like an eternity

Seri's watched as his eyes flickered down but back up again immediately, both of them almost stuck in the trance- both of their heads roaming frantically with a thousand of thoughts and doubts.

No one made a move, both of them basking in the contact which seemingly was less awkward than all the rest they shared.

His fist was balled up on the floor next to him, tearing him apart in hesitation and the feeling of rejection he feared.

Her brown hued eyes gaze made his heart flip a million times over again, Jisung's ears ringing and warmth spreading over his body the more he got worked up over his fears.

Jisung had always been introverted when it came to girls, his worries getting the best of him- thinking he wasn't capable of being loved.

He had only known the girl for two month, yet it felt like a whirlwind.
Thoughts of it being 'too early' plagued his mind.

Within the blissful moment that swirled around them, the shattering of glass tore them both out of their bubble.

Jisung's eyes immediately darted up towards the noise, the culprit of it being behind the kitchen door. His heart immediately sank in worry, jolting up and rushing towards it.

Seri had to catch her breath, eyes widening at what potentially could have happened but she was equally worried, clambering up to the kitchen.

She pushed open the door, eyes finding Jisung who had one arm around his mother's back as she layed on the floor.

"Oh my God." She whispered to herself, there was glass everywhere, the things on the kitchen counter had been pushed to the floor.

"What happened-" Seri asked alert but Jisung's head snapped up with eyes narrowed.

"Stop! There's glass, you'll get hurt." He almost scolded and Seri looked down to see indeed glass by her feet.

"What happened..." She asked again, heart full of concern and Jisung's expression also relayed it.

"She passed out." He said like it was a reoccurring theme that happened and Seri's eyes drew down to the Woman in her son's arms.

The boy began to haul his Mother up, arms under her to carry the weight and Seri opened her mouth to speak but he had already left the room and his footsteps heavy up the steps.

She felt slightly overwhelmed, glancing back at the kitchen and crouching down- carefully picking up the sharp shards of glass.

Frown indented on her lips in worry, realising the extent of his role in the house as her carer at only eighteen.
Her lip was taken hostage between her teeth, brows furrowed as her heart clenched for him.

He's been through so much.

Her eyes wandered to the walls of the kitchen, finding a lone picture of 5 people.
There was His Mum, what she guessed was his Brother and Sister?
She quickly identified the baby as Jisung but all she could think was one question.

What happened to them?