Chapter 14

xxxChapter 14

xxx
Chapter 14

I sat in the back of the Ootori limo, my eyes buried in the book in my hands. I finished Lord of the Flies, and moved on to re-reading The Count of Monte Crisco. I really wasn't reading it thought. I couldn't, as I was too distracted by the presence of the asshole sitting less than five feet away and bombarded by the events of this morning playing over and over again through my mind like a movie.

You would think I was a secretly a girl at the way I hollered when Botan saw my bare upper body. No. It was nothing like that.

I was just disgustingly insecure about my body. No reason to sugar coat or lie about it.

I was skinny. Extremely skinny.

I knew it was because of my shit eating habits. Hell, even an idiot knew that consuming nothing but coffee and snacks day after day wasn't really grade A nutrition.

But, I'd rather be built like stick bug than eat a lot of the things that people call food.

I cringed, remembering the way Botan looked at me. Her grey eyes were so full of sympathy, and it pissed me off to no end.

I clutched my book tighter.

At that moment, I almost wanted to slap that look off her face.

Then she had the nerve to try and bring me a breakfast sandwich to go with my coffee without saying anything, like I wouldn't figure it out. My lunch she packed even felt heavier than usual.

'I'm getting tired of people insulting my intelligence,' I thought to myself as my frown grew deeper.

I could already tell that today was going to be a terrible day, but I was too mentally drained from my breakdown last night to even think about it. I hadn't finished the article for the club, or any of my homework. I wasn't even able to talk to Papa or my friends last night, because neither of them answered the phone!

I honestly just wanted, more than anything, for Mr. Racist Driver to crash the car.

"Solomon,"

My head snapped up at the sound of Kyoya's deepish voice calling my name, and I glared at him distastefully, remembering what happened the night before.

And boy, did he look like shit.

His clothes and everything were fine, but he had deep bags under his eyes -that matched mine-, indicating that he didn't get a good amount of sleep last night.

I didn't even notice until now because I paid absolutely no real attention to him the entire morning.

My eyes slightly widened.

There was no way that piece of shit lost sleep over what happened.

"I wanted to apologize for my insensitive actions," he said clearing his throat and straightening his tie. "What I did was selfish and extremely inappropriate,"