Rest of my life

This was requested by saxluxsm Thank you. I hope you like it!
Have a nice day. Thank you for all your votes and reads. I appreciate it a lot!! ☺️

Y/n's POV

I woke up extremely early due to my excitement

I woke up extremely early due to my excitement. Today I was going to get my girlfriend of 4 years an engagement ring. My best friend (Y/BFN) and I have been looking for weeks but I always thought the rings weren't good enough for Hailee. Y/BFN and I haven't seen each other in years due to us beginning to date and than break up because I found out she cheated with someone else. So a good month ago I bumped into her while ring shopping and we began to talk about everything and everyone. Just like old times. We exchanged numbers. I told Hailee when I came home about it. She knew about my past relationship with my best friend and she looked a little uneasy. I assured her everything was fine and I love her so she let it go. I got dressed and prepared some breakfast for Hailee. I put everything on a tray and brought it upstairs to our shared bedroom. I saw her sprawled out in bed. Cute little snore could be heard. I put the tray on the night stand before pushing some hair out of her face. "Babe", I whispered while caressing her cheek. She crunches her nose a little and I giggled. "Hailee", I said. "What", she mumbled. "Wake up, princess", I told her. She carefully opened her eyes and I smiled at her morning state. "I made you breakfast", I said and held out the tray. Her eyes widened and she sat up in bed grinning. I chuckled. "All of this is for me", she questioned looking over the food. "Yes, only for you", I replied. "I fucking love you", she said while grabbing my chin gently to bring our lips together. "I love you, too", I said and saw her digging in. "Oh my god. This is amazing", she told me. I smiled taking a picture. "Why are you already dressed", she suddenly asked me. Damn it! Fast, Y/n! Think of something! "I promised Griffin to help him with something. I will be back in a few hours",I replied as smoothly as possible. I was really bad at lying to Hailee so I really hoped she would buy that. "Aw, I thought this was supposed to be our lazy day", she pouted. "I know, Haiz. But I forgot about Griffin. I will hurry up, alright. It will be quick", I told her. She sighed. "Alright", she mumbled. "Don't be sad, princess. I love you. I will be back as quick as possible. Besides I bought your favorite show on Netflix. You can watch that", I suggested. Her face lit up a little. I gave her a quick kiss before grabbing everything that I needed before heading out the door not without texting Griffin asking him to cover me up. I drove to the mall where I met Y/BFN. I really prayed no paparazzi or fan will recognize me. This would ruin it for sure! "Y/nn", she squealed before bringing me in a tight hug. "You're ready", she asked. "Oh hell yes", I exclaimed. "Let's get you your wifey", she yelled before dragging me to the nearest store.

-Skip to 3 hours later-
"Y/BFN, come here. Look at this ring", I whisper yelled. "Oh my god. It's so pretty. It's perfect", she told me. "Hello, how can I help you", a lady spoke. "I'm looking for a ring for my girlfriend. This looks very nice. Can I see that", I asked her. "Sure. This is one of the nicest rings from our collection. I see you've got taste. She will for sure love it", the woman told me. My best friend and I looked at it and I knew right then and there this was the one. "That's it", I whispered. "Yeah, I think, too. Oh she will love it", Y/BFN exclaimed happily. "I would love to buy it", I told the lady and she nodded. "I will prepare it", she told us before boxing the ring.
Suddenly my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw Griffin's pic. "Uh hey Grif", I spoke. "My sister called me and she was crying. She saw some pictures and I couldn't lie to her. I didn't tell her exactly what you bought but she knows and she sounded upset and angry. So yeah, heads up", he said quickly before hanging up. "Shit", I muttered. "Everything okay", my best friend asked. "Someone took pictures. Hailee saw them", I replied. "Well, you can just tell her we went shopping", she said. "No, I told her I was helping Griffin with something. She will know something is up", I told her. "Why didn't you tell her you were with me", she asked. "Is it still because we were together? That is almost 6 years ago. We agreed on being friends now. I have a fiancé", she told me. "I know that. Don't worry. Everything is going to be ok. I messed up. Not you", I reassured her. She sighed. We walked to our cars. "It's not your fault. I will call you. Thank you for helping me ring shopping. It means a lot", I said. "Of course. I need to be your maid of honor", she spoke lightly bumping her elbow in my side. I chuckled. "I will think about it", I said. "Think about it? After weeks and hours of looking. You will just think about it", she said pretending to be hurt. "I'm sorry", I told her hugging her. "No", she said wiggling out of my arms. "Please, don't go", I told her. "It's too late, Y/n. You broke my heart to pieces", she broke dramatically. "What can I do to fix it", I asked. "Go down on one knee and kiss my hand", she spoke. "What", I asked confused. "You heard me", she replied. I sighed. I got down on one knee before kissing her hand. We both cracked up. "We're so stupid", she said laughing loudly. "I can't believe you made me do that", I told her. "Was a good practice for Hailee", she shrugged. We said our goodbyes and I drove home. I stopped at a flower shop buying a big bouquet and drove to Hailee hoping she is not that mad.
I opened the door carefully. "Babe, I'm home", I yelled. I walked in and saw a bag on the kitchen counter. "Hailee", I asked again. I saw her storming in the kitchen. "Hey babe", I said. "Don't hey babe me, Y/n", she spoke harshly before she put some clothes in the bag. "Listen, I-", started but she cut me off. "You don't have to say anything. I saw the pictures", she said tears streaming down her face. "I know. I should have told you. I just thought you wouldn't like it", I said. „You are not even denying it?! Unbelievable! And I trusted you", she yelled. „I'm sorry for lying. I didn't know it was that big of a deal", I replied taking a step towards her. „Not big of a deal?! Of course it is! You can't just do that and expect me to be totally ok with it. She is your ex! I can't. I thought you loved me", she yelled. „Yes, she is. But that doesn't mean I can't be with her! I thought you would be a little happy for me", I said back louder. „Happy?! No, I'm fucking not happy that my girlfriend is cheating on me with her ex and proposed to her behind my fucking back! 4 years! You're throwing that away?! I really thought you were the one", she screamed. „What", I asked confused. „You heard me. Don't pretend now", she said stuffing some more clothes inside. „Oh Hailee", I whispered realizing what was going on. „I didn't cheat! Me and Y/BFN went shopping! I didn't tell you because I know you are a little unsure about her. I know I should have been honest about that. I'm sorry. We are really just friends", I told her. „You are still lying. I saw the pictures", she spoke. „Show me and I will explain",I told her and she gave me her phone. It was us in the ring shop and then me being on one knee. „We were just messing around in the second picture and the first was when Y/BFN was looking for a ring she wanted to show me", I told her. „Sure", she mumbled taking her phone before zipping up her bag. I knew I had to tell her. „I will pick up my stuff in a few days", she whispered. „Hailee, please", I said and grabbed her hand. Her watery eyes met mine. „I actually wanted it to be a little more romantic but ok. I went to buy something from the ring shop. But not for Y/BFN! I got it for you because I really hope you will say yes and I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you", I rambled and took out the box. I revealed the diamond ring and heard a gasp. „I would never cheat. Besides Y/BFN has a fiancé. I met him. He is really nice", I told her chuckling. „You wanted- I'm so stupid", my girlfriend mumbled. „I wouldn't say stupid. Just a little too jealous", I spoke. She blushed deeply. „Well, I'm still waiting for an answer", I said. „Shut up and kiss me", she told me and I did. "I hope that is a yes. Because returning it will be really awkward", I said. „It for sure is a yes", she yelled and I slipped the ring on. She pushed me towards her. „I love you", she mumbled into my lips. „I love you, too jealous panties", I replied smirking. She chuckled and kissed me before dragging me upstairs.