Chapter 48

Sebastian was steady and gentle with me. There was no teasing, no playful nibbles, no hair pulling.  He eased me closer to him and breathed in the scent of my skin. Then he whispered, "I've waited so long for this, Char. I've waited so long for you."

As I gasped at his words his teeth sank into my neck, slow and steady with control and patience like he was terrified that I was change my mind, that I jerk away from him and reject his advances or scream in pain. 

But I just melted into him. It felt like the world around me was spinning, twirling away as Sebastian and I became the only two people in existence. All I could feel was his tongue sweeping across my skin and the thick muscles of his arms tightening around my waist, keeping me locked to him. 

It was complete heaven. I wanted to stay in this moment forever, in his arms, wearing his shirt, just completely accepting my mate for everything he was and all that he wasn't.

But Sebastian pulled away, breathing hard with a little bit of blood on his lips.

"Are you alright, Charlotte?" he asked.

"God yes," I breathed with my head still tipped back. 

"You know," Sebastian began, his voice shaking a little bit. "It might be beneficial if our wolves were bond to each other completely."

I said nothing, still trying to catch my breath. 

"We know that your wolf isn't trying to hurt me. If we strengthen the bond between us she can help fight off whatever is happening to you. It only makes the most sense that-"

"Are you talking about using sex as a strategy?" I questioned, quirking an eyebrow at him. But there was no denying that the marking had filled my head with lust, that I was already to wet for him. And feeling his erection push up against my shorts was only making it worse.

"No, I mean, it could sound like that but... Charlotte, I just want you so badly. I can't even think straight. I feel like every time I see you I fall more in love with you and I just want you more and more. It's torture to stay away from you this long."

"Love?" I repeated, locking my eyes with his.

Sebastian just stared up at me with those amber eyes that I had come to adore. The corner of his mouth turned upwards. "You have to know that I love you. I have loved you for so long already. I want to show you, I want you to feel how much I love you."

"I don't know what I'm doing," I confessed, suddenly stricken by how unskilled I would be.

"It's alright, I'll show you," he assured eagerly. "All you have to do is what feels right. We can go as fast or as slow as you need, if you want it."

"I do," I admitted, my cheeks such a bright shade of red.

Sebastian simply smiled then pulled me down for a kiss. Wanting to be all kinds of confident, I grabbed at his shirt immediately and tried to tug it over his head. He barely let me move an inch before he settled his hands on top of mine, keeping them still. And he kissed me, slipping his tongue into my mouth, brushing it against mine until I was a breathy panting mess. When he pulled back I followed him, letting my needs guide me instead of my insecurity. 

I ran my fingers through his soft, dark hair, tugging just enough to make him groan. After that they explored down his neck, brushing against his mark, settling on his shoulders. I continued to kiss him as I trailed my fingers over his muscular arms and hard abdomen. When I grabbed the hem of his shirt again he didn't stop me.

I had seen him shirtless more than once, but being able to touch it freely was another thing. I stroked my hands over his collarbones, watched his chest heave as my hands descended. When I grabbed at the waist band of his shorts he stopped me. One hand retrieved a foil packet from his pocket.