34- Viaduct Tavern

Viaduct Tavern is beautiful, situated on the corner of one of London's historic streets, with striking architecture and a smooth, gold-lettered sign above its windows.  It's closed for the evening, but I could imagine on a busy night it's bustling with chatter and it's light must reach out into the street, carrying the sound of laughter and clinking glassware with it. Tonight though the windows are dark and the comforting sounds of the city all but disappear once we step inside.

Once inside we turn on a couple of lights around the bar, just so we have proper lighting for the shoot, or at least for the backstory part of it. I set up behind the bar and the boys take a seat on the other side. There is an employee who offered to stay late today to help us out with the shoot, he'll be showing us around, and lucky for us, also offered to get us drinks.

"Alright let's get the intro down and then we'll have some drinks!" Ryan says, clapping once in excitement. I laugh,

"Alright sounds good to me!" I say, "We ready to mark it?" I ask, Shane and Ryan shoot me a thumbs up, I start rolling and Devon snaps a slate in front of the camera.

"This week on Buzzfeed Unsolved we investigate viaduct Tavern in London, England as part our ongoing investigation into the questions; are ghosts real?" Ryan says to the camera, Shane shakes his head but Ryan ignores the gesture as usual.

"It would be foolish to come all the way down to London and not investigate a  pub so here we are at this pub with some uh, very interesting history I might say," Ryan says glancing around the bar.

"Let it flow!" Shane replies,

"What do you mean by that-"

"The history and the... and the Ale!"

"I thought you were talking about the Ale!" Ryan laughs,

"I'm talking about the Ale!"

"Yeah, that being said why don't we pour ourselves a cold one!"

"Oh, Ok! Off to the races!" Shane stands up and heads around to the other side of the bar. I laugh and cut there and then we all grab a pint. The boys take a seat across from me again and place their drinks on the counter and then Ryan starts with the history of the Tavern, at one point explaining that one of the ghosts likes to drink people's beverages when they're not paying attention.

"Oh well this one's easy!" Shane says after Ryan tells him about this particular ghost. "Here look," he stares at his glass, "Come on ghosts! Drink from my little glass here! It's all yours," He says to the ghost. Ryan laughs,

"ok, ok, let's see!" He says, and starts staring at his glass as well. I shake my head and try not to laugh as the two of them sit in silence, just staring intensely at their drinks.

"come on, move it," Ryan speaks up.

"this is uh, I feel like this is very representative of this entire series," Shane jokes, looking away from his beer and over at Ryan. He glances at me and I smirk and nod, making a face that says "you're not wrong". Ryan chooses to ignore the comment,

"If there's a ghost in here can you move our drinks!" He asks, and then he pretends to get distracted by the artwork around the tavern, "oh look at this painting over here!" He says, turning his back to his drink. Shane looks confused for a second and then catches on,

"Oh! I see what we're doing!" He says, turning his back to me as well and pointing up at the old paintings "look at this painting wow! Everybody's backs are certainly turned," He plays along.

"It'd be shame if someone did something to my drink-" Ryan says,

"What's interesting is when you look at this painting you can't see the beer that you're drinking behind you!" Shane replies. I almost feel like I should turn away from the camera as well, give the "ghost' some privacy so it can steal a couple of sips. The boys encourage the ghost some more and finally turn around to see that, shockingly, their drinks have been left untouched.