8- New Beginnings

1st Person POV :
It was kind of weird. I felt blank. Emotionless. The only company I had was the night sky and the occasional critter. That was, until somebody sat next to me. "Lydia? What are you doing here?" I asked. "Didn't you have the whole wedding thing going on?" She shook her head slightly. "Beetlejuice cancelled it. He was so heartbroken after you told him off. Heartbroken enough to finally see through his own mistakes. So he cancelled everything." She smiled a bit at this, and her eyes softened a bit.

She then handed me an envelope. "He wanted me to give this to you. As sort of an apology, to try and patch things up. He sent me because he knew you were probably too angry to listen to what he had to say. Just promise me you'll read it, okay Y/N?" My eyes softened a bit.
"I promise, Lydia."
Then she left, leaving just the envelope and I. I did promise, so I decided to open it. The handwriting wasn't too bad either. I then read it out loud, seeing as how there was no one there to hear.

My dearest Y/N,
My first thing to say is pretty simple. I'm super sorry for how I acted. As you probably already know,  I cancelled the wedding. I guess it took my worst nightmare to come to fruition to see my own terrible faults. That nightmare has come to truth because of my own selfishness. That nightmare isn't spiders, or bats, or eyeballs with wings. That nightmare.. is losing my best friend,  and losing their trust. So I wish to repair that friendship. I realized 'what's the point of being alive, if I've lost my best friend?' There is no point. Hell, I'd feed myself to a sandworm if I ever lost you for good. If I'm being honest, I've got a few things to say here that I'd probably never say in person. Cause that's awkward, Y'know? Ever since we met, I've been in love with you. I didn't really wanna push things too far, but I guess the excitement of being able to be seen pushed past all of my common sense and realization. For now, though, I'd like for us to be friends again. Maybe as things move along, we can get to more than best friends. I'll be in the attic when you have your answer for this apology.

Deepest regards, Beetlejuice 💚

I looked it over a few times, before silently crying. He really cared. Enough so, that he'd even feed himself to a sandworm if he lost me. At first, I felt stubborn, not wanting to accept this, but as I read it more and more, the more I knew I had to accept this. I still wanted to be his best friend, and I hated the idea of pushing him away. Right before I got up to head to the attic, something slipped out of the envelope. It was a emerald necklace, with the shape of a cat's head attached to the emerald. I had wanted this more than anything when I was alive. This gesture made me smile while using my sleeves to dry my eyes.

When I got up to the attic,  I saw the Maitlands sitting by Lydia, while Beetlejuice was pacing. Lydia cleared her throat, and Beetlejuice perked up at the sight of me. He seemed to relax slightly when he saw that I was wearing the necklace. I took a deep breath in before walking towards him and started to speak. "Beetlejuice, I accept your apology. Both of us were blinded by emotions. I let my anger get the best of me, and you let your excitement get the best of you. So, I'm sorry too." I smiled lightly. His hair changed from the deepest of purple to the brightest of green. I could almost see the joy taking over him. "Also, I just wanna say, I appreciate you being honest with your feelings. Maybe as time goes on, we can form our friendship I to something more." I then hugged him with all of my might, honestly never wanting to let go. He looked a little shocked at first, but then returned the favor. His hair was a brilliant mix of pink and green. What happened next surprised me slightly. He started crying into my shoulder,  mumbling something that sounded like "I never want to leave you again." Eventually, we both let go, but he still held my hand. Things started to be looking up for us both.

"Let's head to the roof, okay Beej?"
He simply nodded, and we both headed for the roof.

Lydia POV : "I ship it." I said. The Maitlands nodded in agreement,  a smug look on their faces. This is gonna be good.

Hey guys! First, I wanna say this. TYSM FOR 100 READS! I am super happy about this! Glad you guys enjoy it! And no, this is not the end. We've still got plenty more chapters to go, people. So buckle up my dudes, gals, and nonbinary pals. :D
-Beast 💀