•C h a p t e r T h i r t e e n•

Dedicated to Booky665

Song for chapter thirteen: Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift

|Skyler|

I let out a squeal and leapt up from the table. It finally hit me that there was the reminisce of an egg splattered all over my hair and some on my shirt.

"You asshole!" I shrieked in disgust. "You put an egg in my hair!"

"Correction, I put two eggs," Aden cackled and my eyes narrowed to slits at him. His smile disintegrated and was replaced by a look of horror at my expression.

I approached him as I took off my dirty sweater, revealing only my black tank top I wore as an undershirt underneath. The sweater had been a birthday gift from my mom two years back. His eyes widened slightly and his Adam's apple bobbed up and down as he swallowed hard.

His gaze was no longer trained on my face, but rather... a little lower than that. Normally, I'd feel violated, but for some reason, I felt a burst of excitement from Aden's stare.

"I guess no one has ever told you this but... that was one of my favourite sweaters," I told him, grabbing the last two eggs from the carton, one in each hand behind my back so he couldn't see. I sauntered towards Aden until I was right in front of him, a mischievous smile playing on my lips.

"So screw you!" I laughed as I smashed the eggs on top of his head, taking great satisfaction as I watched the egg whites drip down his face. He seemed perplexed at first, but then his shocked expression morphed into a Cheshire grin.

"Wouldn't you like to, Clumsy," he smirked as he bent over, sliding his arms underneath my legs as he simultaneously swung me over his shoulder.

My face smacked onto his back and I let out a tiny shriek as he began walking. I had perfect view of his backside and at that point, I was definitely not complaining. He bent over and picked up the sweater I'd discarded onto the floor.

"What are you doing?!" I pounded my fist against his back, but he ignored me with little effort.

Aden didn't respond as he open another door and stepped into a different room. He set me down gently on the floor and I glanced around.

We were in what I assumed was his bedroom. The walls were painted a light shade of grey. There was a large bookcase on one end of his room, filled with books that caused my eyebrow to raise in surprise. Who would've expected him to have Pride and Prejudice sitting in his room.

His desk was next to his bed, with papers and a couple of textbooks scattered across the surface of it. He had a large bed with a plain grey duvet and pillows on top.

"What are we doing in here?" I asked.

Aden bent over and dug around in his drawers, pulling out a beige towel. "Don't you need to shower? Unless you want to go home smelling like rotten egg," he smirked, tossing it to me.