XXIX

"Bae, why you all frowned up, man" Amere sighed, rubbing on Yanni's back

"Bae, why you all frowned up, man" Amere sighed, rubbing on Yanni's back. Ever since she got home from work she was upset, and didn't want to talk. He hated when she was upset, though, so he'd been buttering her up and trying to make her feel better, but it wasn't working.

"I'm just frustrated, bubba," she huffed, as he continued.

"About what? Talk to me," he said softly.

"It's work," she rolled her eyes. "I got PR for Kam, and a PA, which is cool, takes a lot off my plate or whatever but now they're trying to force me to do the same thing for you and it's annoying! We been working fine for over a year. They claim now that we're publicly dating it could look like I'm showing you favoritism, but I—" she took a deep breath to relax herself, as she could feel herself getting worked up. "I don't trust anybody else with you," she muttered.

Amere was shocked, he would have never expected her handling a client on her own to be an issue for anyone. Especially since they didn't have to pay anyone else to do things for him if Yanni could do it all—and had no problem with it.

"It pisses me off because I know what they're gonna try to do after this. They're gonna press me to give little things up until they try and get me to find you a whole new agent so I don't make them look bad since we're dating," she sighed.

"That shouldn't make them no difference," he scrunched his face up. "You still doin' work just as good as when I first signed wit' you. And I'on want no new agent, I want you. Ain't it about me anyway?" he asked.

"It is, at the end of the day. But I feel as though it's just gonna be a lot of pressure on me to drop you now. Well soon,"

"Well if they causin' you too much greif I will make my way—"

"No, baby. I can handle it," she quickly stopped him from saying he'd pop up at her job, because she knew he would.

"I know you can, but that don't mean you got to. You makin' them money and they tryna police yo shit, and I'on like it. You layin' hea' all stressed out and shit," he fussed.

"I appreciate your concern, bubba. Worse comes to worst I'll consider going somewhere new. I don't handle stress well, especially in a working environment," she expressed.

"And you shouldn't have to be stressed out when you prolly of the best employees they got in that bitch," he rolled his eyes.

"Thank you," she smiled slightly.

"Cheer up, Toot. We goin' ta' see ya family this weekend, that'll make you feel better huh? And we goin' ta' Louisiana soon, we gon eat, Ima take you to New Orleans like you want, my mama and my sisters excited to see you," he tried to console her.

"Yeah, I'm excited," she smiled faintly again—and he knew her bad mood was gonna stick around for a little bit. "Ima go lay down bubba, can you tell me when the food comes?" she asked him, standing up off of him. He nodded and she gave him a quick kiss before heading up the stairs, making Amere sigh.