For Him...??(Chapter - 7)

Saanvika's POV

I groaned setting my alarm, Tomorrow is Monday which means my first day in the Delhi branch, The whole week passed in a blur, I went to Alok uncle's house for dinner yesterday... I thought to avoid it completely but Alok uncle kept insisting so much and Ayan too called me twice, so I had to go... Purposely I went yesterday as I got to know from Ayan that Vihaan was in an important surgery and would be very late... It was fun but I missed Vihaan... Oh not again..... shut up Saanvi..... This is literally the first time in my 25 years that I am thinking about a man so much other than my father and my family of course... That's the reason I have been avoiding Vihaan...

I can't develop any feelings for him because nothing can be possible between us..... and moreover I'm not ready for any commitments... I have decided to spend my life being single in the thoughts of my father... Crazy, I know but can't help it... I love him too much to marry, I don't want any man to take that importance in my life which only my papa has..... and also with my this baggage, no one can be happy with me..... I always think about papa, do things that he loves, and will always keep him in my mind and heart every second... 'Pain' has replaced 'happiness' in my life from the time papa passed away.....  So marrying is out of the question but these days pressure from my family is more..... My increasing age became a very big obstacle in my life...... And to my bad luck, I couldn't say directly that I can't marry as I promised my brother..... huh..... What a life ??

They started seeing matches for me when I was 23 but by god's grace, I escaped till today now I don't have any choice other than agreeing with them as ma called me this morning..... She said that I got a very good match and everyone likes the guy including my chachas........ 2 years back, I asked my chote chachu to convince my ma to give me some time and in return, I told him that I'll marry a guy according to their wish..... Ma told me that my chote chachu likes the guy very much..... She also asked me, scratch that ordered me to come there for the upcoming weekend....... My brother went a step ahead and booked the flight tickets so I don't give that excuse for not finding tickets... He also said ma talked to Meera and confirmed that I don't have any important meetings at that time..... That traitor..... Huh, not only my best friend, but the whole world is conspiring against me...... The only option is the guy should say 'No'..... Not to worry, I'll make him reject me... Thinking about all the plans and possibilities, I dozed off...

Vihaan's POV

I woke up late as I returned late from the hospital yesterday... I missed the dinner with Saanvika...... Not that I regret it, I actually thank my stars for it..... I don't know what happens to me in her presence..... There's no doubt I'm attracted to her but we are not right for each other, that's my gut feeling and in that case, It's better to avoid her...... I reached the dining table and greeted Dad and mom...... As it's Sunday, Ayan will sleep till the afternoon..... ahh I hate that habit of his...... I am having my breakfast calmly occasionally answering Dad's questions..... What's wrong with him, he is actually in a very good mood...... When I was about to leave for my room, he asked me to meet him in the library in the evening..... I nodded and left for my room.....

In the afternoon, I got a call from the hospital, so I went there and after a couple of hours, I returned...... I remembered I had to go to Dad so I quickly freshened up and went to the library..... This was my favorite place when I was a kid but after I joined medical, I didn't have much time to read normal books except for my academics... I saw dad coming from the cabin inside the library..... That was his private cabin and no one is allowed there, and when I said no one, I mean it..... We sat on the couch and Dad asked some general questions about my work, I answered but I'm confused by his behavior, dad was never interested in my work, though he is very proud of me, he never asked about my work before...... Suddenly he became all emotional and held my hands..... Now I'm afraid..... What's wrong with him ??

"Dad... Is everything alright ??"I asked getting all puzzled by his strange behavior...

"Son...... I never forced you for anything right ?? But now I need your help, Will you do it for your dad ??", he asked me with teary eyes..... I just can't see him like that..... I would do anything for him..... He is my hero...

"Dad..... what are you saying ?? you can ask me anything...... What do you want", I said and dad closed his eyes and opened them after a few seconds...... His eyes are filled with pain, love, and guilt ?? I don't know...

"Son, I want you to marry Saanvika", He said dropping a big bomb on my head..... What ?? Is he out of his mind ?? Forget I said, I would do anything for him...

"dad, what's wrong with you, you know I always wanted to marry a doctor, and moreover we aren't right for each other,"I said with anger...

"And you know I was always against it, and how can you say, you and Saanvika aren't right for each other ?? You both are perfect for each other", He said confidently... Like the hell we are...

"Dad, you can't decide that",I said calmly

"I didn't son, I am just asking you, I know I don't have any right on you and I couldn't order you,"He said emotionally...

"Dad, Don't try to blackmail me emotionally,"I said

"I'm not..... Take your time, you have a week of time, we are going to their place after the next weekend, clear your schedule", He said shocking me...

"You already talked to her family ??",I asked getting flabbergasted

"Yes, I did, this morning, at first they are apprehensive because we went to see Saanvika's cousin for you but I talked to Niranjan's youngest brother and he made them understand and now everyone is happy with this alliance," he said...

"Dad what's the need for all this, What about mom and Saanvika ??", I asked him softly...

"There is a need son, I want Saanvika as my daughter-in-law, trust me you won't get such a good wife anywhere, and about your mom, now that she lost all her chances, she should accept whomever you bring according to the challenge, and for Saanvika, her brother and chachu are very confident that she would agree," He said...... "I'm not forcing you son, I just want to bring her as my daughter and give her all the love she missed from her father, may be then, my guilt will reduce, Otherwise I may die with this...."He said teary-eyed...

"Dad..... Don't get emotional...... Okay..... I'll think about it", I said calmly and left for my room...

Now, what should I do ?? How should I escape this situation, I'll ask Saanvika to reject me, yes that would be better...... Huh, I cursed Aditi for doing that, but now I'm doing the same..... Fate played a very cruel game...

Days passed in a blur...... I thought of talking to Saanvika but dad told me that she didn't know the groom's details and her family thought to reveal themselves, so I had to stay calm...

Tomorrow, we all are going to Nagpur..... This time Ayan is joining us too... He is way too excited to meet Saanvika, he is the one who is very happy with this alliance after dad... Mom isn't much happy about this but Dad convinced her..... She even tried to talk to me listing all the negatives, and her profession topping the list but I didn't say much in my mom's presence as I don't want any fight between my parents... Her profession is a huge concern for me and that's the main reason or should I say the only reason I'm against this... Am I right in doing this ?? Is dad right ?? Is she perfect for me ?? No, Dad isn't right, I am not wrong to have requirements about my life partner, and I'm not gonna compromise with any of it...

Saanvika's POV

I reached my hometown today..... I'm getting restless with each passing second... I wanted to ask them about the guy who is coming to see me tomorrow but I don't want them to assume that I'm interested in this alliance... The shocking part is this time even my bhabhi refused to support me... I freshened up and sat at the dining table eating my breakfast silently..... That's when ma approached me... I had a feeling that I won't be liking what she is about to say and oh boy I'm right... She said everyone in the family is positive about this match and she also warned me that if I didn't give a proper reason, then I should get married to this guy with or without my will... I am shocked is an understatement..... My ma never forced me for anything..... she loves me more than anything in this world, even more than my brother..... Today, hearing her words, I felt like someone poured cold water on my head...... I got the message that now my family has lost their patience to deal with me, and the only way I have is to make the guy reject me...... come on Saanvi, you can do it...... 

Precap - Vihaan and Saanvika's talk.....