29

chapter twenty nine — i love you

"i'm gonna pick you up anyway :p"
~jeno<3

"too bad i'm already on my way in the taxi :)"

"i wanted to see you sooner :(("
~jeno<3

dahye was actually still in her house, checking herself in the mirror to make sure she looks presentable. when she was finally done, she walked out her neighborhood and found a taxi. she told the driver jeno's address— which he texted to dahye's phone. about ten minutes later, dahye arrived at a huge house. she payed and thank the driver before walking out. dahye was about to call jeno to tell him that she arrived but the door opened and jeno was standing there with a huge smile on his face.

"i missed you"
jeno pulled her into a hug.
"you just met me last night"
dahye laughed.
"come on, my parents are waiting inside"
jeno pulled dahye's hand.
they walked into jeno's house and approached the kitchen. there, jeno's parents were setting up the dining table.
"there she is"
jeno's mom said with a huge grin and hugged dahye.
"good to see you again"
dahye said.
"nice to meet you, i've heard a lot about you from jeno"
jeno's dad said, smiling and shook dahye's hand.

"i'm jisu, so glad i finally got to meet you. hearing jeno talking about you made me so excited"
his younger sister jumped around.
"aww, nice to meet you"

they started eating and of course, chatting, laughing, getting to know each other.
"thank you so much, i really liked the food"
dahye thanked.
"no problem, i'm glad you like it and i'm glad you and jeno are together. thank you for being there for him, he has changed to become so much better ever since he met you"
jeno's mom said.
"and i don't get called to come to school because of jeno getting in trouble anymore"
his dad joked and they all laughed.
"but in all seriousness, you've changed jeno a lot, he's his better self now and we can't thank you enough"
his dad continued.
"he was the one who chose to change. i just made sure he stopped getting in trouble"
dahye looked at jeno, who was already looking at her with a smile on his face.

"thanks for today, bye!"
dahye waved and walked out the door with jeno, they were going to take a walk together and get some ice cream.
"bye dahye, it was nice seeing you"
jeno's parents waved.
"can i join them?"
jisu asked with puppy eyes.
"they're going on a date, maybe next time"
jeno's dad said.
"awh, okay"

they walked hand in hand towards an ice cream shop when jeno stopped and pulled dahye for a hug.

"i love you"
jeno whispered to dahye's ear.
"i love you too"
she whispered back.