Chapter 3

Connie arrived at the Temple a moment later....and couldn't help but laugh when she saw Steven's face covered in kissmarks as the hybrid blushed.

"Lemme guess: The Gems?" Connie asked as Steven cleaned his face off with a washrag and smiled.

"Who else would it be? But anyway, I'm glad you're here, Connie. I need to talk to you about...well about us." The hybrid said, making Connie worry a bit that he was breaking up with her.

"You know you can talk to me about anything, Steven. What is it?" She asked as Steven smiled and sighed.

"Well, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately after all that's happened with me. Talking to my therapist has helped me understand that a lot of my stress has come from people I never really considered would be major causes of it until now. The Gems, Dad and....well you." Steven explained as Connie felt a pang of guilt hit her. Was she really a cause of Steven's stress?

"What do you mean, Steven? I think you and I get along great. We're dating and if you're still upset about the whole proposal thing, I don't hold it against you." Connie said, her voice seemingly about to break as Steven held her hand.

"Hey. I love you, Connie. You know that. And if you think I'm breaking up with you, you're wrong. But I'm going to tell you the same thing I told the Gems: I think the best thing for me to do is to just separate myself from you guys for a while until I clear my head. So I'm going to stay on Homeworld for a while with the Diamonds and Spinel. I don't get to see them much as is, so this works for all of us." Steven said as Connie kissed him on the cheek.

"I understand. To be honest, I don't think I've been as supportive as I can be either, let alone the best girlfriend I can be. It's...harder than I thought. You're the first boy I've loved, let alone dated. I just don't want to lose you, Steven. And if it gives me a chance to learn how to be a better and more supportive girlfriend, then I'm perfectly alright with you staying on Homeworld for a while." She said tearfully.

"Connie, you are the best thing I have in my life other than the Gems. This is my first actual relationship too. You're the first girl I've loved. Ever since that day on the Beach when we met. I...." Steven began to say until Connie captured his lips in a passionate kiss that caused the two to fall back on the couch in a heated make out session that seemed to last longer than it did.

Steven felt Connie's tongue make its way into his mouth as he allowed it to enter and join with his own tongue. Connie slid her hand under Steven's head and to the back of his neck while Steven couldn't help himself and slid his own hand near the back of Connie's shirt. And surprisingly, she guided his hand under her shirt! Steven could feel the back of her bra as things got even more heated!

*AHEM!*

That is, until the Gems came back, faces in pure shock at the scene in front of them. Well, actually, Garnet had a huge grin on her face, Amethyst looked giddy as can be and Pearl looked ready to faint on the spot.

"Uh...let me explain. See, what happened was...." Steven began to say until Garnet stopped him.

"We talked to the Diamonds. They're expecting you. And Spinel couldn't be happier, especially with what's been going on with her lately." Garnet said as Steven looked worried.

"Huh? Is Spinel OK?" He asked.

"Holly Blue Agate is giving her a hard time. She was happy as can be when we told her you were coming." Pearl said as Connie finally spoke.

"So when are you leaving?" She asked.

"Tomorrow." Steven replied as Connie smiled. While she would miss her Steven, this would give her a chance to learn how to be a better girlfriend to him. The kind that he deserves to have.

A nice and rather steamy((͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) chapter. See ya next chapter!

Lurkerbelow

UNIVERSE0189

mama_kurogiri

katlady1

-_Crimson-Moon_-

The_Lovely_Starlight