𝐎𝐧𝐞 || 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐁𝐨𝐱

✯♛✯

𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚 was approaching the Island a day earlier than planned, Francine had spent most of her time helping the staff prepare her house for the storm. That day she was supposed to go help her mother run a few errands but to get out of doing something that would most likely be boring, she helped the workers fix her property. Her mother wasn't happy that she'd rather help the staff than her but Francine basically ignored her comments about how the workers were getting paid to do it, and how Sarah would help her family instead. She rolled her eyes at the last part, sure Sarah was her best friend but they weren't that alike.

It was ten o'clock at night and the storm was already picking up. The wind caused the house to shake and the rain plated onto Francine's bedroom window. She wasn't worried about all of that at the moment as she was currently in her room searching through her stuff. She was looking for a box that she hid in the back of her closet, away from anyone to see, especially her mom. She tore her whole room apart looking for the small pink shoebox that held her most important belongings. She hadn't touched it in a while so she didn't understand how it could've just vanished. She never took it outside of her room so that was the only place it could be, unless someone took it.

"Mom, Chris!" She called out her bedroom door, knowing that they were probably downstairs locking the doors and windows so they don't blow open when the storm gets really bad. The whole family was getting ready for bed and Francine was getting out her box. It was her 'good luck box,' she had received from one of her friends for her birthday after her parents split up. She was pretty sure that she had it with her every time there was a bad storm or something big and stressful was coming up.

"Fran?" Christopher peeked his head into the room, his brows furrowing at the state it was in. He looked around for the teenage girl, seeing her head pop up from behind her bed, looking distressed. "What's wrong?"

Francine ran her hand through her hair nervously as she paced around her room muttering to herself. Basically ignoring his question, "Where could it be?"

He opened her door wider, stepping inside. He hopped around, trying to avoid the clothes and books that scattered the floor. It looked worse than outside, and there was a hurricane going on. Christopher walked up to her and put his hands on her shoulders gently, "What are you looking for?"

She shook her head as she walked away from him searching through her closet again, "I have a small, um, pink box. There's, like, important stuff in there and I can't lose it."

He nodded as he looked around the room for the pink box, thinking it was in the most obvious place and she just missed it while frantically searching for it. Once he couldn't see anything and Francine was finished doing the fifteenth search through her closet that night, he sighed. "It's going to be okay after the storm passes we'll ask the maid to keep an eye out while she's cleaning."

"No, no, no," She mumbled panicking over the lost item filled with priceless things. "It was in my closet, I-I didn't move it."

Christopher gave her a reassuring smile, trying to calm her down a little, "I'm sure it's there, you just missed it. It's probably under all this mess, so I suggest that you go to sleep now before the storm gets too bad and clean this all up tomorrow. Okay?"

She sighed, really not liking the idea, she needed her good luck box, she had it for every single bad thing that happened to her since she received it. If her mother found it she'd be dead, and the woman would probably throw the box in the trash. Francine inhaled deeply and nodded with a small smile, she had to try and get some sleep. She doubted that she would get a lot, with the storm going on, and the missing box she was worrying over would make it hard. She'd try though.