Surgery

Bruce's P.O.V.:

"Shit! She's gonna faint!" Dick says.

Demetria begins to wobble, her eyes slowly rolling to the back of her head as they close and she falls forward. Jason catches her before she hits the ground. A look of worry plants itself on each of our faces.

"She needs some medical attention. ASAP," I gruff out. "Nightwing, grab Joker. The rest of you, gather the thugs and tie them up, quickly." I walk over to Jason, taking Demetria out of his hands.

"Batman, be careful," Tim calls out. "The majority of her ribs are broken."

I freeze, with Demetria in my grasp, carefully picking her up, and placing her in my arms. Her head falls back along with her arms. I adjust her body so that she's curled up to my chest. This way she'll be protected from anything that suddenly attacks us.

"Drake. How do you know that her ribs are broken?" Damian asks, glaring suspiciously at him.

"I felt that her ribs cracking, weren't in the correct places when I was holding her in place."

"So you've made them worse!" Damian screams, lunging at Tim.

"Robin, stop!" I yell.

Thankfully, arms curl around Damian's torso, pulling him back. "As much as I want to beat the shit out of Timmy over here, that won't help us. We need to start cleaning up and getting home now." Jason puts Damian down onto the floor. "When we get back to the cave, then we can beat him up together."

"Tch. This is your fault, to begin with Todd," Damian retorts as Jason grabs Damian by his cape and drags him out of the cell. 

"Yeah, yeah. Fuckin', sue me later."

Tim follows behind them quickly. 

I turn my head behind me, to where Dick is. "Let's go."

He hauls the tied up Joker over his shoulder and nods. We quickly make out way out of the cell and head over to the main ground. Running up the stairs, carefully balancing Demetria in my arms, I find the boys nearly finishing up the clean-up. 

"I called the Commissioner," Tim says, tying up the last three. "They should be here any minute now."

"Let's go. We don't have a minute to spare," Damian calls out, tying up his bunch and running towards the door. He places his utility belt over his waist while holding another one in his hand. Must be Demetria's

"Robin, wait," I call out.

He skids to a stop and stares at me angrily. "Stop! You want me to stop! We need to get going!" He yells, pointing at the profusely bleeding Demetria in my arms. 

"I know. Call the Batmobile."

Damian looks at me questioningly, his face slowly changing to realization. He runs over to me and digs into my utility belt, grabbing the remote for the car. Pressing the button, he runs out of the building and impatiently waits for the car. "It's taking too long."

Despite just calling for the car a few seconds ago, I can't help but agree. I stand by Damian, tapping my foot impatiently. I stare at Demetria's face, her face looks peaceful, but the blood all over her says otherwise. Blood drips from her face and other portions of her body, onto my suit and the ground. The majority of the blood is dried, but the cuts are so deep and fresh that they can't stop.

"Finally!" Damian speaks up in hopefulness. He takes a step forward but falters, his face dropping in disappointment. 

My hopes drop along with his. The sound of an engine reaches our ears, but it's not our vehicle. It's the GCPD. I'd never thought that I'd see the day where I wish they hadn't come. "Boys, where are your vehicles?" I whisper to them, watching the cop cars starting to park around us.