21

Jax's POV

"Why did you do it?" The therapist, whose name I've learned is Andrew, asked. His hands were folded in front on his desk while he stared at me like I had broke into the Pentagon rather than punched someone.

After I realized I was chocking out Liam I was going to let go just as someone else rammed into me. The guy was able to get me to the ground but by then I was already so far back in my mind I didn't think he was just trying to help Liam and I ended up fighting him too.

At that point a whole class stood there watching me pound the shit out of someone I didn't even know.

Thinking back on it, I can hear Liam's voice telling me to stop but in the moment his voice was lost in the sound of people screaming.

A few more boys tried to step in but after they got a few punches in they were out for the count.

When they were finally all on the ground and no one else was coming for me I felt myself calm down enough to register what was happening. All it took was a quick glance around me to full understand what I did.

Liam looked truly scared in that moment as he held his throat as if it was still hurting.

Miss Abbott was being 'guarded' by a few kids while some girls made sure she didn't need anything.

The boys I had fought had backed away at this point and just stared at me with wide eyes.

That's when another girl came running back with a couple of security guards and the whole thing happened again until they finally got enough people on top of me so I couldn't move.

I was brought straight here after they got me calmed down enough to do anything other than fight back.

"Why did you do it?" Andrew asked again, this time in a calmer tone. I lifted my eyes to him for the first time since I sat down in this chair.

"I didn't mean for it to got that far," I say honestly before lowering my gaze again.

"How far did you mean for it to go?" His voice stayed calm. Coming from anyone else it would sound like he was being sarcastic.

"I just wanted to get her off of me."

"But she wasn't doing anything. Everyone said you attacked her for no reason."

"Then they are lying."

"All 20 of them are lying and have the same story?" He wasn't able to keep the disbelief out of his voice this time.

The security guys told them everything the girl told them when she went to go find them and confirmed it with everyone else in class. When they dropped me off here they told Andrew before they left, giving me one last look before closing the door, as if they were making sure I wasn't about to lash out again.

I look up again, but this time there I can feel the fire in my eyes as I glare at him.

"If you don't want to believe me then what am I doing here? Violence is against the rules; I've been here for less than a week and have already been in three fights. If you don't believe me then send me to the closest prison and be done with me."

He says nothing for a while but eventually he sighs and looks down at his hands.

"I want to believe you. I really do. But there hasn't been any reports of her doing anything like this," I scoff at this.

"Fine," I say as I stand up. "If this is the kind of camp this is then I don't want to be here anyway. Call Patrick and tell him I changed my mind." I go to turn around but I can hear Andrew's chair scoot back as he goes to get up.

"Now just slow down for a second, we're not finished talking yet." I feel him go to grab my wrist but I tuck it into my chest before he gets the chance.