Chp. 37

-

JENSON’S POV-

Prom, it was something every single girl in Highschool looked forward to. Dressing up- in a flowing white dress, fixing your hair and makeup, and feeling like a princess.

Except I wouldn’t be escorted by a prince tonight.

It would be Riley, and I couldn’t be any happier that it was going to be her. I was on my way to meet her now, the limo was going to be at her house in an hour, and then we would go to pick everyone up. I drove up, horning and seeing her appear just when I pulled up.

It was weird how she knew every time I was at her house… like she could sense I was there or something.

I opened my door, trying to be quick so that my hair wouldn’t fall as I grabbed my dress out my back seat. Riley ushered me in the house, and to her room, her dress was laid out on her bed. I couldn’t wait to see it on her to be honest, her hair and makeup was done, and she looked gorgeous as ever.

Her pink lips, her eyes popping from the mascara and other makeup…

She looked like a princess already.

I was walking into her bathroom, “I’m going put on my dress,” I saw her eyes lingering on me as I disappeared into her bathroom, and I smiled to myself.

I slipped on the dress, park of it came over one shoulder, falling just right, but not hitting the floor. It hugged me a little, but not to much, and it was tight around my torso, the white glimmering from the sequence around the rib cage…

It was perfect.

I walked out, holding the top and speaking, “Zip me up please.”

She walked over slowly, her hands gently grazing my back, I shivered, she spoke, “You cold?”

I shook my head, silently responding to her question, and gently leaning back into her gentle hands. Riley hadn’t made a move at me since she agreed she wouldn’t, and to be completely honest… I wanted it to happen. I wanted Riley… I wanted her body, I wanted to feel her, see her…

And maybe tonight would be the night.

I turned, facing her, her eyes lingering on me, she smiled, “You look… amazing…”

I half expected her to reach out and touch me, pull me into her and kiss me right on the lips. I wanted her to… I really wanted her to actually, and it made me weak in the knees just thinking about it.

I urged, “Go put yours on, the limo will be here any second,” I lifted her dress and she walked into the bathroom.

I knew the reason she changed in the bathroom was because she didn’t want to make me uncomfortable but… I wanted to see her naked body.

I kept thinking about that dream though, I could relive it over and over again without forgetting a single second. I wanted it to come true, I wanted Riley…

She walked out, and my eyes must’ve been bulging out of my head because she just laughed and twirled for me, “What you think?”

I smiled widely, “Riley… you look perfect…”

She blushed slightly, but she tried to hide it, and I found her zipper, gentle not to let it get stuck. She looked jut like a princess, her flowy dress, hugging her torso but flowing around her full hips, it touched the ground slightly, but that was without her heels, which we would ditch them anyway when we got there to dance.

And then I heard the horn of the limo, Riley grinned, “Let’s go have some fun.”

***

When we walked in the music was already booming, I was excited, I was going to have fun this year at prom. Last year I had been depressed… it was nothing to me, just a waste of a night and a 100 dollars for a dress.

But tonight, it was going to be different.

Riley grabbed my hand, it was the first physical contact in days, and my heart jumped, I looked up at her, she smiled lightly, “We’re going to have fun, and dance all night, and then we’ll leave around 10 and head to my house to change, then Kylan’s.”

I nodded, “Sounds great.”

She smiled, ditching her shoes and throwing them into a corner, “Let’s dance.”

I followed her, Kylan and Shelby following us, along with Gabrielle and her date Lucas. We fell into the beat with the other people, I had never seen Riley dance before, but I watched her tonight, and it was mesmerizing.

She would touch me every so often, but I was to lost watching her, moving with ease, like she was perfect… and she was.

She grabbed my hands, realizing I was watching her, “Dance Jen! You’re barely moving!”

I smiled, and I moved closer to her, completely unaware that there were 500 other kids in this room. I moved with her, bouncing to the beat, but mimicking her, feelings out bodies touch.

It was turning me on.

I was so lost in Riley that when the lights started kicking on, I remembered they had to pronounce the Prom King and Queen. I didn’t know to many people at this school, but I had never meant the cliché mean girl who ran the school, or the valedictorian that was perfect in everything…

So I had no idea who the Prom Queen could be, nor the Prom King.

Usually they were a couple anyway right?

The principal walked onto stage, holding the white envelope that held the voting results, and he cleared his throat. “We’ve all had a great year, and to the Senior Class, we’ve had a rough spot that we’ve all had to go through together recently… losing a student so dear and close to us.”

I swallowed hard, feeling the pain creep back into my chest. The numbing pain that had disappeared for so long… it was back.

Riley grabbed my hand, “So this year’s Prom King with go to Jake Coleman,” I felt the lump in my throat subside, and everyone applauded graciously.

“And Prom Queen will go to Brianna George!”

Everyone clapped, I remembered her, she was in my first hour. She was the sweetest girl I had met, well besides Riley, she was smart, and I hadn’t heard one bad thing about her since I enrolled here.

She was also good friends with Jake.

She thanked everyone and the music returned, but it seemed to depressing to continue, besides, it was almost 10.

Then all of a sudden, a slow song came on, and I locked eyes with Riley. She smiled, secretly asking me if I wanted to… and I did. But I was nervous, would people stare? What would they think?

But then again, who cares? It was my night with Riley… and I wanted to.

I leaned into her, wrapping my arms around her neck, and her hands wrapping around my waist, pulling me closer. She leaned down, “You look way to beautiful tonight Jenson Allen.”

I shivered at her breath on my ear, and she smiled as I looked at her, “You’re everything to me Riley.”

It was random, but I had been wanting to tell her this, and her face changed. her brow furrowed in confusing, but she accepted it, and in a way, I wanted to continue. “You’ve stood by me… longer then anyone has… and it means so much to me… I really… you really mean a lot to me. Don’t leave me.”

She smiled weakly, and I could tell she had something on her mind, she hugged me closer. “I’m not going to leave you Jenson…”

Then Kylan tapped me on my shoulder, “C’mon you love birds, we have a party to set up.”

I smiled, holding Riley’s hand as we walked out the door and climbed into the limo. Being next to Riley, admitting my feelings, I was praying I wasn’t going to regret telling her the truth…

Riley pulled me into her house, I knew she wanted to kiss me, but she promised she wouldn’t make a pass on me.

And I regretted not disagreeing with her sooner.