~7~

My eyes narrow at her and my jaw drops as I feign offense, my hand flying to my chest. Claudette takes a step back from the table, biting her lower lip as an attempt to hide her smile.

"Sunshine? I'll make you rethink that one!"

I wipe the sticky berry juices off of my hands and onto my jeans— then I lunge at her, tackling her to the ground. She squeals loudly as we hit the soft earth, and I start laughing, unable to hold my offended facade for much longer. We start wrestling with Steve cheering us on. A few other people have started to watch, amused by our little "show."

We roll around, careful not to get too close to the fire. Before I could even blink, she's suddenly on top of me, straddling my hips. My hands are pinned above my head in her strong grip, we're both panting, our faces flushed and trying to contain our manic giggles.

"Holy shit you're strong!"

I manage to gasp out, barely catching my breath before another fit of giggles took ahold of me.

"Being here for awhile does that to you, but you'll get stronger too!"

I rolled my eyes playfully at her breathless retort, and then look up at her face, our eyes meeting. We both stop laughing, and the only noise I could hear were the heavy breaths escaping the both of us. We stare in silence as the flush on my face deepens, but for a different reason.

"Okay, okay break it up you two! There are people around!"

We both snap out of it at the interruption, and she lets go of my wrists, rolling off of me. We look up to see Nea, smirking at us with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Damn. I was enjoying that."

Steve mutters loud enough for us to hear, and all three of us glare at him, no amusement in any of our eyes this time.

"Steve stop being a perv!"

Nancy, who was sitting with Yui and Zarina on the other side of the fire, yells at him.

We try our best to contain our laughter and get up, helping brush the grass and dirt off of each other's clothing.

"I might as well help you three get it done. Jake's not even back yet, which isn't even a surprise, so we're just gonna have to work with what we have now for dinner."

Nea walks to the table and grabs the bowl of mushrooms, then turns back to us.

"I'll roast these."

She turns back away and walks a few steps to the fire, and grabs a metal pole. She spears three mushrooms onto it and began to roast them. I look back at Claudette and sigh.

"We need to finish as well, Steve's nearly done with his pile."

She just nods.

"Looosers!"

He sang, smirking at us and signaling at his small pile.

We get back to work, and within about 10 minutes of silent work, we're all done, Steve being finished before us obviously.

There was still no sign of Jake, which made me happy, and we set out the bowls nicely, or in a more organized way. I grab a handle of blackberries and pop one in my mouth.

I moan when the sweet yet slightly sour flavor explodes on my tongue. I quickly realize the noise I just made and my face flushed, and I look at Steve and Claudette. Steve had an eyebrow raised and Claudette was pursing her lips to hide her smile. Nea on the other hand, was openly snickering.

"Uh.. sorry. It's good."

I mumble, and shove two more in my mouth.

Suddenly, a hand goes over my shoulder and plucks one of my berries out of my hand. I whip around with a glare, ready to face the blackberry thief.

It was Jane.

Or more like Jane's chest was directly face level to my face, barely an inch away, and I flush once more, quickly backing up. I end up hitting the table, which makes her her laugh, and walk closer to me so that she's at the table.

"Fine then, I'll get my own."

She fake pouts and I huff quietly as she takes her own handful, then sits down with Kate, looking back briefly and smiling at me before turning back to the other girl. I choose to sit away from the fire next to Quentin, who was somehow still asleep.

I blink at him and nudge his side with my toe, but no answer came from him.

"Quentin?"

I say his name uncertainly, and hesitantly put my hand on his warm chest to make sure he's still alive.

His heart was still beating.

I hum, and finish the rest of my berries.

Suddenly, I feel a large, warm hand wrap around my wrist and I jump, squeaking in surprise. I look over to see Quentin, his eyes half open and a lazy smile on his face.

"Feeling up a sleeping man, hmm?"

He was obviously still tired from the sound of his voice. My face burns for what feels like the millionth time today... or tonight... and I realize I hadn't moved my hand off of him.

"W-Wait! No! I was just making sure you were still alive!"

I quickly stutter out and he laughs softly, suddenly pulling me down so that I'm practically laying on his chest. His messy brown hair mostly covered his eyes, his beanie partially falling off of his head.

"I'm just teasing."

He murmurs and closes his eyes once more. He tugs my wrist again and I yelp, my head now where my hand once was. He lets go of my arm and sighs.

"Am I alive, doc?"

He chuckles softly, putting his arms behind his head.

"Uh.. I.. yeah... sounds like it."

I tripped over my words, wanting to get up, but not wanting to at the same time since this was surprisingly comfortable.

"Calm down, would you?"

He whispered, and I could tell he was about to fall asleep again at any given moment.

"How much does this boy need to sleep?"

I thought, smiling to myself. My eyes wander back to the campfire and my whole body stiffens up when I see Jake. He was glaring at me, but the moment he sees that I'm looking back, he quickly looks away, working with his catches. He looks to his other side and talks to David, who was sitting on a log next to him. I can't hear what they were saying, but I tune out their voices either way.

Closing my eyes, I take up Quentin's seemingly favorite hobby, and try to get some sleep as well.

Within moments, I fall into a dreamless sleep.