𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

The next thirty seconds went by quick

The next thirty seconds went by quick. I grabbed Nathan's arm and drag him to the front door, making sure to grab my bag that was on the table next to it. I close the door and run down to the elevator with Nathan limping behind me. He lets out painful groans every move he makes. He's fucked up, but I couldn't just leave him to die.

I repeatedly push the downwards arrow button on the elevator and look up onto the digital screen above the doors to see how many floors there is to go. Four more, that's good, I was expecting it to be all the way near the ground floor.

I looked around and saw a housekeeping cart behind us. I grabbed a silk robe off the cart and put it on. It was embroidered above my left breast reading, 'Michael Jackson'. Do rich people always need their names sewn onto their clothes? I take a towel off of the cart for Nathan.

"Here, use this to stop the blood," I throw it at him to catch. The elevator dings and we rush in. Nathan pushed the Lobby button. When the doors shut I let out a loud breathe and crouch on the ground, not letting go of the railing. I let out a long blood curdling scream with all these emotions running through my head. It feels good to let that out.

"What's the plan?" Nathan asks, pacing around. I take a few deep breaths and stand up.

"I don't know about you but I'm leaving, Nathan, I can't unsee what I just saw and if I go back god knows what's gonna happen to me," I whisper, not wanting to think about that room.

"What about me? He could come after me too!" He shouts.

"You were good, but I'm not sure anymore, I found a couple files on people, one of them being you, he said that he was just going to torture you but not kill you," I say, "anyways, with all the money you have you could go into hiding. I don't see why you're worried."

"What other files were there?" He gulps.

"His um...uh ex wife,"I say looking down at my bare feet.

"Oh Lisa... and?"

He knew Michael's ex wife?

"...his parents," I revealed. He just shook his head in disbelief and ran his hands through his blonde hair. I decided not to tell him about the other paper I found.