Awkward

C H A P T E R   1 2CHAERYEONG'S POV

C H A P T E R   1 2
CHAERYEONG'S POV

"Chaeryeong-ah!" I looked up to see who called me. My eyes widened. I walked fast and passed by him.

"What the heck Chae? What's the rush?" My best friend Ryujin asked.

"Sorry" is what I can only say.

"Why are you even running away from that younger senior Taehyun?" I didn't bother to answer her question. I just sighed.

I've been avoiding him since that day he confessed.

"I like you." I shook my head as the memory flashes back again to my head.

I did not know what to react. I don't know what to say to him after that. I just feel awkward around him, and I don't even know why.

"Let's hang out after school?" I asked Ryujin.

"Oh... no. I have to run some errands after school," She declined.

I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms on my chest. "We haven't been hanging out these past few weeks Ryu~," I said pouting my lips.

"You're not telling me something." I narrowed my eyes at her, and she laughed awkwardly.

"You see, I've been seeing someone after school."

"You're dating someone?!" I widen my eyes in shock.

"Gosh no! That's nonsense Chae," she shouted in a whisper.

"I've been tutoring someone," She said.

"Since when did you accept such jobs? You always decline offers of those airheaded students," I said.

"Look, it's— ugh he needs me," She said rolling her eyes.

"He? Who's this he?" I asked.

"Don't kill me, but it's Beomgyu."

"THAT JERK?!" I screamed in shock, and Ryujin massaged her forehead.

"Hey! Of all people why that arrogant human being?" I asked.

Both of us hated his personality ever since we were juniors. Just because he's the inheritor of a well-known company, and he's undeniably good-looking. But Taehyun's way more handsome than him. I slapped my forehead with my sudden thought and closed my eyes in frustration.