Chapter Twenty Two. Truth Hurts.

Rainbow's POV.

"This is too much of a coincidence, don't you think?" He's looking at it like it holds the answers to all his questions.

"Why? What does it mean?" I ask him while trying to look at the medallion too, maybe I might find more clues.

"Aunt Kayla used to write her initials on everything and anything that she owned when she was alive. My kid sister took after her too though, and she would often write hers on coffee mugs she deemed too pretty for others to use. Gosh! She didn't even like coffee!" He exclaimed with a groan and we both laugh.

"I didn't know you had another name Bow, what does the 'K' stand for?" I swallow the lump in my throat before saying.

"That's because I don't, it's not. I mean it wasn't mine originally." He gives me a confused look while saying.

"You bought it? who was the original owner?" I cleared my throat and took a deep breath before answering him.

"I, um, an old woman I used to work for gave it to me? Yeah! She said it was her daughter's and she wanted me to have it." I explained while smiling sheepishly.

"Really? When? He asks softly.
"About six years ago, it was a parting gift to me the day I quit my job," I tell him and the memory of that day hits me like bricks. The day I quit my job! "11-11-2011!" I exclaimed loudly.

Alarmed he asks "What did you say?"

Too excited to explain calmly, I rushed to the journal while opening it and tapping on the page repeatedly while saying. "It was the day I quit my job at the antique shop six years ago! I say excitedly and he raises an eyebrow.

"An antique shop?" I nod rapidly with a huge smile.

"I didn't know you worked there?" He asks gauging me with his eyes.

"Oh but I did! Old Mrs. Witkins wouldn't let me leave the shop without it! It was the last time I saw her alive and the first time I met her estranged daughter. Lara? Lorraine? Aish! It started with an 'L' that's for sure!" I exclaimed with joy, relief washing over me as I finally remember why the date sounded so familiar. Geez!!! I thought was completely bonkers or something.

Realization flashed in the man's eyes before he asks. "Was her name Lauren?" I clap my hands in excitement raving with glee

"Yes! Oh yes! that's her name. She looked so much like Mr. Witkins you know? Wait! How did you know that?" I ask wondering if I'd mentioned it in any of our previous conversations.

He looks at me warily before continuing. "Was Mrs. Witkins blonde, about 5ft tall, Caucasian, very kind and can give till her last coins, doesn't observe Easter, lactose intolerant and sarcastic to a fault? We both say the last part together eyes wide.

"How do you know all this?" I ask while thinking this must be a dream. Because I don't think I've ever told him anything personal about my former employer.

He chuckles softly before saying. "Because old Mr.s Witkins was my grandmother." What! How? How could this be?

"My grandmother moved to Chesterfield after grandpa passed away and she doesn't celebrate Easter because aunt Kayla died on that day. Now that I think about it; she moved there because she'd found aunt Kayla's daughter she wrote about in the journal...which is you." I look at him like he has finally gone mad.